ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Better off applying from USA?

About immigration to Canada, canadian immigration programms.
Skilled worker points calculator | about skilled worker immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

jman0warS
Newly Registered

Better off applying from USA?

Post by jman0warS » Sun Oct 12, 2008 11:23 am

My wife and I would really like to go to Canada.
However the waiting times for a permanent visa are daunting, applying from Ireland.
So, it's possible we could go move to USA and apply from there.
Do you think that's worth it?
I'd have to sponsor my wife to get there, and that process usually takes 6-7months.
Once there, i wonder how long we'd have to be there before we could apply for Canada?

Also, I've met people in Canada whom are there on a Temporary Work Permit, and their employment and permit was arranged for them via an agency, but i haven't been able to find many resources online for this. There's jobsabroad.com, but the jobs are all very low wage and some of them are live-in nannies and that is totally out of the question.
So does anybody have any resources they could point us to?

It's probably unrealistic to apply to jobs online within our respective fields with hopes of getting an employer to sponsor us. Since we are not brain surgeons.

But i've read of "Occupations under Pressure", and thre is a list of job NOC numbers, where one allegedly can obtain a work permit for one of these types of jobs with less red-tape. But i don't see where we'd find such a job bank listing current openings of "Occupations under Pressure".

What do you think?
Any feedback is helpful.

jman0warS
Newly Registered

Post by jman0warS » Fri Oct 17, 2008 6:06 pm

Wow, nobody even has an opinion?

JAJ
Australia

Post by JAJ » Sun Oct 26, 2008 4:16 am

What visa do you plan to use to "move to USA"?