ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Refund after varying Set(M) to Set(O)?

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

nelfi781
Newly Registered
New Zealand

Refund after varying Set(M) to Set(O)?

Post by nelfi781 » Sat Aug 21, 2021 1:39 pm

Hi everyone

Like some others I erroneously submitted a Set(M) application for ILR when I should have used Set(O) as I am applying as a Tier 2 dependant partner.

I was given the opportunity to vary this and apply again uisng Set(O). I did this and have just had my ILR approved which is great.

I was told the fee for my initial application would be refunded within 10 working days. It has been more than 10 working days and I'm quite worried as we are relying on that money being refunded.

Can anyone who has recently been through this tell me:
a) how long their refunds have taken to process and
b) whether they found an email address to contact someone at UKVI to follow this up?

Thanks a lot

AmazonianX
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Re: Refund after varying Set(M) to Set(O)?

Post by AmazonianX » Sat Aug 21, 2021 8:23 pm

nelfi781 wrote:
Sat Aug 21, 2021 1:39 pm
Hi everyone

Like some others I erroneously submitted a Set(M) application for ILR when I should have used Set(O) as I am applying as a Tier 2 dependant partner.

I was given the opportunity to vary this and apply again uisng Set(O). I did this and have just had my ILR approved which is great.

I was told the fee for my initial application would be refunded within 10 working days. It has been more than 10 working days and I'm quite worried as we are relying on that money being refunded.

Can anyone who has recently been through this tell me:
a) how long their refunds have taken to process and up to 6 weeks
b) whether they found an email address to contact someone at UKVI to follow this up? IHSrefunds@homeoffice.gov.uk

Thanks a lot