ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Naturalization application with expired passport

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

rbsjp
India

Naturalization application with expired passport

Post by rbsjp » Sun Aug 22, 2021 8:59 am

I am a British Citizen. I got it via ILR, Naturalization in 2016. My wife has Indian passport. She has just got an ILR. My son also got ILR, along with my wife, he is 15 years old. I will be applying for my wife and son's citizenship soon. My wife has in date Indian passport, but my son has an expired US passport. There are no appointments available in US embassy IN London for renewal and you cannot renew by post/ online. Can I apply for the citizenship, even if my son's US passport is expired?
RS

Ougat
Newly Registered
South Africa

Re: Naturalization application with expired passport

Post by Ougat » Fri Sep 03, 2021 2:03 pm

Good day Rbsjp
Have you had any clear answer regarding your Son's expired passport issue and the process?
I am curious as someone I know also would like to know what is happening as she is in the same situation.