ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Multi-country travel including round the world trips - Naturalisation

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

tdd23
Newly Registered
Mood:
United Kingdom

Multi-country travel including round the world trips - Naturalisation

Post by tdd23 » Sun Aug 22, 2021 7:09 pm

Hi All,

I am currently applying for my British Citizenship and had a question about the information we need to provide in the online form for 'Travel outside the UK'.

Due to work, I used to (pre-pandemic) travel frequently and some of my trips include round the world trips and some multi-country trips including travel to the USA via Dublin for pre-immigration clearance.
  1. For the round the world trips, as we can only enter one country in the online form, do I mention the first country from the UK or the last country from the UK, or the country I spent the most amount of time in?
  • For the trips to the USA via Dublin (stopover for pre-immigration clearance), do I just mention the USA as I only used Dublin airport for pre-immigration clearance? Being a non-EEA national, I have immigration stamps for Ireland and the USA for my UK-Dublin-USA-Dublin-UK trips.
Thanks in advance.

tdd23
Newly Registered
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: Multi-country travel including round the world trips - Naturalisation

Post by tdd23 » Sun Aug 22, 2021 10:03 pm

I have another question regarding the online form specifically about employment information. I have tried to search for this in the forum but did not see a similar question.

My main job has always been as an employee but I did a short stint more than 8 years ago as a side job. It wasn't going well so I stopped doing it, however, during those couple of years, I was registered as self-employed with the HMRC and paid all my taxes and NICs.

In the online form, it asks for Employment details and specifically the current status which for me is 'an employee'.

:?: The question is how do I add the information for the side job which was self-employed?

:?: Should I select both 'an employee' and 'self-employed'?

:?: If I need to select 'Self-employed' as well, would I need to submit supporting documents from 8 years ago even though I am non-EEA national?

Apologies for all the questions and thank you in advance.

tdd23
Newly Registered
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by tdd23 » Tue Aug 24, 2021 8:26 am

Hi All,

Hope someone can help with my questions above.

tdd23
Newly Registered
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by tdd23 » Tue Aug 31, 2021 12:27 pm

Hi All,

Would really appreciate information on my questions raised here as I would like to apply for naturalisation as soon as possible.
tdd23 wrote:
Sun Aug 22, 2021 7:09 pm
Hi All,

I am currently applying for my British Citizenship and had a question about the information we need to provide in the online form for 'Travel outside the UK'.

Due to work, I used to (pre-pandemic) travel frequently and some of my trips include round the world trips and some multi-country trips including travel to the USA via Dublin for pre-immigration clearance.
  1. For the round the world trips, as we can only enter one country in the online form, do I mention the first country from the UK or the last country from the UK, or the country I spent the most amount of time in?
  • For the trips to the USA via Dublin (stopover for pre-immigration clearance), do I just mention the USA as I only used Dublin airport for pre-immigration clearance? Being a non-EEA national, I have immigration stamps for Ireland and the USA for my UK-Dublin-USA-Dublin-UK trips.
Thanks in advance.
tdd23 wrote:
Sun Aug 22, 2021 10:03 pm
I have another question regarding the online form specifically about employment information. I have tried to search for this in the forum but did not see a similar question.

My main job has always been as an employee but I did a short stint more than 8 years ago as a side job. It wasn't going well so I stopped doing it, however, during those couple of years, I was registered as self-employed with the HMRC and paid all my taxes and NICs.

In the online form, it asks for Employment details and specifically the current status which for me is 'an employee'.

:?: The question is how do I add the information for the side job which was self-employed?

:?: Should I select both 'an employee' and 'self-employed'?

:?: If I need to select 'Self-employed' as well, would I need to submit supporting documents from 8 years ago even though I am non-EEA national?

Apologies for all the questions and thank you in advance.

magicsign
Italy

Post by magicsign » Tue Aug 31, 2021 12:47 pm

If your first 2 questions refer to filling the absences you just need to enter one of the destination countries. For the purpose of counting the absences the destination is not that relevant unless you are omitting trips which are stamped on your passport.

You are applying as non a non EEA citizen but that doesn't make any difference for your qualifying period which is still 5 years (unless you are not married or a civil partner of a British citizen). You said you were self employed 8 years ago, I don't think that would make any difference (except for the comprehensive sickness insurance) because they will look at 5 years back from your application date.

If you were self sufficient or a student you needed to have comprehensive sickness insurance. I Read somewhere but can't find now the source that they might look at 10 years back from the application date (if you were living in the UK). CSI was and is a requirement for all migrants living in the UK. EEA citizens could rely on ehic cards if it was a temporary stay or specific EU forms (like s1 and maybe s041) anyway not your case.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue Aug 31, 2021 1:31 pm

magicsign wrote:
Tue Aug 31, 2021 12:47 pm
If your first 2 questions refer to filling the absences you just need to enter one of the destination countries. For the purpose of counting the absences the destination is not that relevant unless you are omitting trips which are stamped on your passport.

You are applying as non a non EEA citizen but that doesn't make any difference for your qualifying period which is still 5 years (unless you are not married or a civil partner of a British citizen). You said you were self employed 8 years ago, I don't think that would make any difference (except for the comprehensive sickness insurance) because they will look at 5 years back from your application date.

If you were self sufficient or a student you needed to have comprehensive sickness insurance. I Read somewhere but can't find now the source that they might look at 10 years back from the application date (if you were living in the UK). CSI was and is a requirement for all migrants living in the UK. EEA citizens could rely on ehic cards if it was a temporary stay or specific EU forms (like s1 and maybe s041) anyway not your case.
You are wrongly assuming the OP is settled through the eea or settled status route, which is not the case. They followed the UK visa immigration route to ilr not the eea route so comprehensive sickness insurance is completely irrelevant to the poster.

CSI applies only to EU citizens.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

tdd23
Newly Registered
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by tdd23 » Tue Aug 31, 2021 6:35 pm

Thank you magicsign and CR001 for the responses.
magicsign wrote:
Tue Aug 31, 2021 12:47 pm
This resolves my Travel related questions.
As CR001 correctly pointed out, I followed the UK visa immigration route to ILR and CSI does not apply to me. My main concern is that the form asks for current employment status and doesn't give an option to enter a self-employment job in the past. Do I just enter as many details about self-employment? Job title - Trainer; Employer name - myself; Employer address - my home address at the time?

Also, do I need to submit SA302 from 8 years ago?