ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Good Character for Citizenship (Refugee)

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Oki toner
Newly Registered
Congo Democratic Republic

Good Character for Citizenship (Refugee)

Post by Oki toner » Sun Aug 22, 2021 4:12 pm

Hello guys,

I need help please, I am looking forward to apply for naturalisation. But I wanted some advice on my situation.

I came in UK to escape prosecution from my home country in 2013. I have entered the UK illegally by air with the help of an agent, using someone's passport. We had transit in two African countries to change the plane.
I brought myself to the authority near Croydon the same day I have entered, applied for asylum the same day and was granted asylum straightway in 2015 for my initial decision.
I have a british spouse.
I got ILR in 2020 and I am about to apply for citizenship but I wanted to know if I will be penalised for entered the UK illegally? Or discretion will be applied on my case.
And regarding the port of entry I don't remember if it was Heathrow or Gatwick, so I have no idea what I will be answering on my application.

Hope to hearing from you soon.

Thank you.

London22
Member of Standing
United Kingdom

Re: Good Character for Citizenship (Refugee)

Post by London22 » Sun Aug 22, 2021 7:49 pm

Oki toner wrote:
Sun Aug 22, 2021 4:12 pm
Hello guys,

I need help please, I am looking forward to apply for naturalisation. But I wanted some advice on my situation.

I came in UK to escape prosecution from my home country in 2013. I have entered the UK illegally by air with the help of an agent, using someone's passport. We had transit in two African countries to change the plane.
I brought myself to the authority near Croydon the same day I have entered, applied for asylum the same day and was granted asylum straightway in 2015 for my initial decision.
I have a british spouse.
I got ILR in 2020 and I am about to apply for citizenship but I wanted to know if I will be penalised for entered the UK illegally? Or discretion will be applied on my case.
And regarding the port of entry I don't remember if it was Heathrow or Gatwick, so I have no idea what I will be answering on my application.

Hope to hearing from you soon.

Thank you.
Your case is not as complicated as you are thinking.As an asylum seeker even if you entered UK illegally but best think you have done is presented yourself to immigration withing a month which they consider of good character .So don't worry & apply for nationality.If they refuse you challenge it & can win it.

Oki toner
Newly Registered

Post by Oki toner » Mon Aug 23, 2021 9:13 pm

Thank you so much London22 for prompt response.

Oki toner
Newly Registered

Post by Oki toner » Mon Aug 23, 2021 9:14 pm

Can I hear from senior moderators as well please ??

prs
BANNED
United Kingdom

Post by prs » Mon Nov 08, 2021 1:58 pm

You don't need to hear from a senior member!

He answered your question. Anyone else will tell you exactly what the previous user told you.