ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Home Office

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Coolise
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Home Office

Post by Coolise » Wed Aug 18, 2021 12:29 pm

Good Day All.

My friend is in a situation, where she applied for ILR in Feb 2020 however due to covid-19 she went for her biometric appointment in June. she wasn't aware her application was refuse because she used her lawyer. The lawyer got the refusal letter in November (from a different source ). Home office are saying they sent the refusal letter on the 23rd of June 2020, while her lawyer saying she did not received it due to this she has missed are 14 days to apply for court appeal.
Her Lawyer as gone ahead to apply for the court Appeal last year, she hasn't hear anything for the courts yet and it is 9months now.
what your advise on this situation. We don't know who is lying (Lawyer or HO), who can we speak to rectify this issue of negligent and how to go about it.

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: Home Office

Post by zimba » Thu Aug 19, 2021 12:19 am

If the UKVI sent the decision letter to her lawyer then she has no grounds to claim that she did not know. Some lawyers may choose not to be forthright with their clients if it turns out that they messed up
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

Coolise
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by Coolise » Mon Aug 23, 2021 1:25 pm

@zimba thank you for your quick response, Any advise on how we could go about this? can she reapply because we are still waiting for the court decision on this.

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by zimba » Mon Aug 23, 2021 3:52 pm

Coolise wrote:
Mon Aug 23, 2021 1:25 pm
@zimba thank you for your quick response, Any advise on how we could go about this? can she reapply because we are still waiting for the court decision on this.
Why was her ILR refused ?
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

Coolise
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by Coolise » Mon Aug 23, 2021 10:35 pm

She was refuse on the bases that in 2012 she has an overstay Visa due to diligence by our previous lawyer.