ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Spousal Visa Application - Pakistan

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

del_piero_3

Post by del_piero_3 » Fri Oct 17, 2008 9:20 pm

fingerscrossed wrote:Hi all,
:shock: :shock:
Can anyone possibly shed some light on the information which has been added to to Gerrys sit today regarding PHOTOCOPIES. I have checked the site and as far as I can see, no information relating to having to provide additional copies of all docs is shown. Perhaphs am just missing it, but if someone could advise me this would be great as the wife is submitting on Tuesday.
Mate your security settings on your Internet browser and/or firewall are blocking pop-ups.

Here is the direct link:

http://www.ukvacpk.com/PHOTOCOPIES.pdf

imi

Post by imi » Fri Oct 17, 2008 9:27 pm

Hi guys,

There is a lot of rumours going on regarding the new photocopy rule for the new applicants with effect from 15/10/08. I can see that most people cannot see that info. This is because their internet explorer windows block the pop up which should open as soon as you open gerry's website. Plz unblock your pop ups, then you will be able to see it.

Remember folks it is not really a new rule. It existed before as well but the gerry's wasn't taking it seriously. Now they have started doing so. It just asks you to take a photocopy of every single document and paper, including the app form, that u submit for the visa application. It is not a big deal and it is not used in the BHC, it may be for your own records or for the Gerry's records. Becuase sometimes people's documents go missing and this may be an effective way of making sure people get their documents back i think.
I hope this helps.

So not much fuss about it really and no need of concern.

Magnet
Newly Registered

Post by Magnet » Sat Oct 18, 2008 1:55 am

Hi guys... :wink: :roll: :D THANKS :D 8) :lol:

this is my first post... firstly, i just want to THANK YOU ALL.. i gained a lot of help by reading your posts.. thanks guys..
its really nice to share ideas, problems and answers these days.. lol... anyway.. WE MADE OUR APPLICATION ON 14TH OCTOBER 08. so just in that WAITING GAME that you all guys talk about...
jus few question at the moment...
HOW can i find out our application status, i see there is a link on Gerrys website; "Track your application", where you enter ref and DOB, then i think the idea is something should come up.. but nothing does, for me it comes as: Invalid Search! ..
by the way is the ref number 12 digits long ?
also wen should i be expecting a reply from them ? ok soory too many questions in my first post.. :roll:

faaniali

Post by faaniali » Sat Oct 18, 2008 7:09 am

@Magnet

First of all welcome to the Forum & this thread :)
the link for checking passport status is on www.ukvacpk.com just to make sure if in case u r not on the right one.

Reference number is actually all together 19 digit long which includes Alphabets, '/' and numbers. Should be something like

ISL/123121/123213/1 for islamabad applications
LHR/123121/123213/1 for lahore applications
KHI/123121/123213/1 for karachi applications

About the outcome of application, it depends on the type of application u have made. currently it between 4 weeks to 8 weeks for spouse settlement cases and 24 days for spouse visa non settlement cases.

The reason why i have said 4 weeks to 8 weeks is because i have seen people saying they luckily got there passport back in 4 week, some says in 6,, some are waiting more then 8 eve,, so its all luck and prayers.

hope this helps.

fingerscrossed
Newly Registered

Post by fingerscrossed » Sat Oct 18, 2008 2:16 pm

imi and del-piero cheers boys thanks for clearing that up.

Magnet
Newly Registered

Post by Magnet » Sat Oct 18, 2008 6:33 pm

@ faaniali

hey thanks... so i have got some wrong ref number... any idea where i would find this ref number or can get it from.. its not on the receipt they gave on the 14th.

naz08
Member of Standing

Post by naz08 » Mon Oct 20, 2008 8:38 am

Magnet wrote:@ faaniali

hey thanks... so i have got some wrong ref number... any idea where i would find this ref number or can get it from.. its not on the receipt they gave on the 14th.
it should on the receipt that they gae there are 2 numbers thats were i got mine from.......

oahmed

Post by oahmed » Mon Oct 20, 2008 9:28 am

Salaamz All - How are we all today :D

Anyone got any news this morning??

Cutesweetgal - hope your ok, pls let us know what is happening with your case!

Magnet - my missus reapplied on 13th Oct at Lahore VAC, day before you ... just playing the waiting game now. also, the reference is on the receipt they give you.

Post by 688148256 » Mon Oct 20, 2008 9:50 am

does anyone know: how many days or weeks after submission of the application, applicant is invited for the medical tests and by which source of communication (letter/telephone).

oahmed

Post by oahmed » Mon Oct 20, 2008 9:56 am

688148256 - unless i'm mistaken, the medical needs to be completed before you submit your application and the certificate is part of the documentation you submit; its down to yourself to arrange and organise the medical bits. Have you applied yet??? is it a settlement visa??

faaniali

Post by faaniali » Mon Oct 20, 2008 10:02 am

Hey Naz08,, sis whats up,, how u doin, any reply?? :roll:

naz08
Member of Standing

Post by naz08 » Mon Oct 20, 2008 10:43 am

faaniali wrote:Hey Naz08,, sis whats up,, how u doin, any reply?? :roll:
hey hun im alright how r u? bet ur on cloud nine @ the mo....my hubbi rang them on saturday and they told him " when you submitted ur form you were told it would take 2 months as no decision as been made on ur case it would proberly take the full 2months". :(...he said he was gna ring again today and see what going on..i mean sum people have had a callbacks already so all i can realli do is wait??? shall i email them again sayn wether they have made a decision yet?

str34

Post by str34 » Mon Oct 20, 2008 10:44 am

hello
anybody hear anything,

just heard that visa centres are open until midnight to deal with call volumes, insha-allah we will all get good news soon.

faaniali

Post by faaniali » Mon Oct 20, 2008 10:46 am

@naz08,, yeah iam on cloud 9 :wink: flyin to pak on 24th Oct...

How long it have been exactly now? If u have emailed already, called them as well then wait for a week and do the same set again, like email, phone and self vac visit by ur hubby :)

Praying for the success of u and others who r waiting. Inshah Allah

Post by 688148256 » Mon Oct 20, 2008 10:51 am

well ...my mrs. has applied from new delhi, india for settlement visa....well the embassy did biometrics and asked to wait for the medical call..its been over a month now..no call nothin..

oahmed

Post by oahmed » Mon Oct 20, 2008 10:54 am

688148256 - ah ok ... as your applying from India, they might have diffrent rules and processes.

oahmed

Post by oahmed » Mon Oct 20, 2008 11:00 am

Faaniali - bro you is just sooooo lucky. Really wish I was flying out to be wiv my missus. Am really happy for you tho ... it must be such an unbelievable feeling. Gotta be honest (& Naz08 may agree with me) but i sit alone sometimes and wonder how I'll react and feel when I do get the good news inshallah. Anyway Im still waiting to hear abt the missus application .... 5 working days since the reapplication.

Naz08 - keep the faith girl ... inshallah you'll hear the news soon. i think that the VAC have just given you a load of b*****t there to be honest. It depends who you get some days - some of the callcenter staff are good, others are rude and just roll out the std crap!! Keep Happy Girl :D

naz08
Member of Standing

Post by naz08 » Mon Oct 20, 2008 11:05 am

str34 wrote:hello
anybody hear anything,

just heard that visa centres are open until midnight to deal with call volumes, insha-allah we will all get good news soon.
U SERIOUS??????? were did u hear dat??

oahmed - yeh i agree wiv ya..nowt we can do realli all we gota do is wait and pray for the best.....

faaniali - ur soo lucky i wish i cud just go 2 pak now and see hubbi...i havnt emailed again they sent the email i showed u..but i didnt reply again fought i wud wait until today...... hubbi calls nearly everyday...same aswers realli..i applied on the 11th so im on the 6 week

faaniali

Post by faaniali » Mon Oct 20, 2008 11:12 am

I mailed BHC before a week, and during that my wife got visaa, so just to let u guys know they replied me today and they really do check in the system before replying

here i s the mail that they sended back to me :lol:

Dear Sir,

Thank you for your e-mail. Her passport has been returned on 09/10/08 through Gerry's.

Yours truly

naz08
Member of Standing

Post by naz08 » Mon Oct 20, 2008 11:15 am

faaniali wrote:I mailed BHC before a week, and during that my wife got visaa, so just to let u guys know they replied me today and they really do check in the system before replying

here i s the mail that they sended back to me :lol:

Dear Sir,

Thank you for your e-mail. Her passport has been returned on 09/10/08 through Gerry's.

Yours truly
they sent me last week on Tues sayn that they havnt made a decision yet...so u think i should email them again or leave it for a few days...do u know about the offices working till midnight tonight. read str34..comments..do u know anything bout that....

oahmed

Post by oahmed » Mon Oct 20, 2008 11:29 am

Really do hope the comments about them working late to get through the Visa applications is true!! It gives us all a great boost if true!! :D

naz08
Member of Standing

Post by naz08 » Mon Oct 20, 2008 11:36 am

oahmed wrote:Really do hope the comments about them working late to get through the Visa applications is true!! It gives us all a great boost if true!! :D
wonder how you can find out if it is true?? mmm

oahmed

Post by oahmed » Mon Oct 20, 2008 11:56 am

I wish I knew ... anyway girl, remain positive inshallah you'll hear smthg soon.

oahmed

Post by oahmed » Mon Oct 20, 2008 11:56 am

Del Piero - your missus put in here application yet ???

imi

Post by imi » Mon Oct 20, 2008 11:57 am

Hi guys,

My mrs called gerry's and they said they were open to take calls till midnight. So it is good.
I also emailed BHC and they responded to me saying the app was "in a queue" n "waiting for its turn to be assessed" they said it takes 60 days for settlement visas to get processed. So, there is sort of relief cuz i know what stage my app is at. All i have to do is wait.

I think gerry's is trying to get more efficient too.

What i would suggest to those settlement apps whose status shows "app forwarded to Islamabad OC" is to wait patiently n pray. Cuz there is no point bugging gerry's if they haven't got the passports back.