ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Enough evidence to be approved?

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

lukeanddeanna
Newly Registered

Enough evidence to be approved?

Post by lukeanddeanna » Fri Oct 17, 2008 5:32 am

My fiance and I are applying for a Fiance form for the UK. I am an 18 year old United States citizen and my fiance is a 23 year old British citizen.

Right now we have been in the situation of quitting our jobs and staying in each other's country's just to be together. When [hopefully] approved for the visa we will live in a rented out cottage connected to his parents house [which is owned by them]. The cottage consists of a living room, bedroom, and bathroom. It has two doors separating the cottage from the house.

For evidence of meeting each other-

*Tons of pictures of us together
*E-mails
*MSN conversations
*Phone Bills
*Around 6 round trip plane tickets to see each other

For evidence of financial support

*A letter from his parents stating I am welcome and will be supported in any way.
*Wage slips from his mother and father
*A bank statement of my fiance [from UK] showing a few grand [in pounds]
*A letter from my fiancé's employer stating he is working for them and how much his salary is.

For evidence of accommodation

*A letter from the house owners that we are renting out the cottage
*A picture providing evidence of separate housing
*The deeds to the house
*A letter from owners of the house and fiance stating I am welcome to live in the cottage with fiance

For evidence of wedding

*I have quite a few pamphlets of places to marry, florists, and caterers.
*I also have a letter showing we have enquired about a place to be married.
*Engagement photos
*Engagement cards
*Wedding invitation

Please, we are terrified of getting denied. We are just wanting to get back to each other and start our lives together. Is there anything we are missing? Any suggestions?

The majority of fiance visas are denied because lack of financial evidence.

We are hoping to do this form as soon as possible.

Please feel free to e-mail me at:

Deeogee7@hotmail.com

Thank you for helping and taking the time to read over our situation.

We have come up with financial ideas. Can anyone tell us if this would help?

We are getting a letter from Luke's employer stating his annual salary and his monthly salary.

With this we will also include a letter explaining the bills he has going out monthly and the remainder he will have a week to support us. This will be about £100 a week.

As I am still young I do not have any bills such as credit card bills, loans, or even a cellphone bill. The only bills we have to pay are Luke's which are not very high.

Luke will also be receiving a large amount of money from his grandparents as a wedding gift. It will be transfered into his account and will provide a letter stating the money is not a loan and is not meant to be financial help.

I will be receiving money from my father with a letter stating the money was saved up from over the years for me as a personal gift and partially a wedding gift. I will also include a bank statement from him showing he can afford to be giving me this money.

After the money transfers we will be including in our documents to send to the British Consulate a bank statement from Luke and I showing how much we currently have in our accounts.

Would I not having any bills or financial set backs such as bills help this visa financially? Should I get a credit card just to show if an emergency comes up that we will have that too?

Is it appropriate to send a typed letter explaining our intentions with our wedding (we haven't booked anything until we have the fiance visa) and explain that I have spent 4 1/2 months with him total in the UK and he has spent 7 months total with me in the US and have never struggled financially with him. Also, to explain that I have no bills and all I would need is the standard living such as a place to stay (which is sorted) and food (which Luke takes care of)?

We are very nervous as we are trying to get this done and start the form by the beginning of November. Luckily we have heard that the age limit will change by December so we are in great need of advice and confidence that we have everything needed and should have no reason to be denied.

We have read many success stories and even posts of worried people with way better financial evidence. Once again, any suggestions or advice would help us a ton.

*Note- as Luke and I have been flying back and forth we have been leaving our jobs. He will not have saved up wage slips as he is new to his job. Will the letter from his boss be OK? Should he send previous job pay slips also?

Thank you for taking time out of your day to read this.

Luke and Deanna
Last edited by lukeanddeanna on Sat Oct 18, 2008 8:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

UKBAbble

Post by UKBAbble » Fri Oct 17, 2008 8:53 am

I wish you good luck. You seem to meet the requirements of the rules. I assume you have no adverse UK immigration history?

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Post by Wanderer » Fri Oct 17, 2008 9:11 am

Two things; third party support is not allowed so no point in including parents pay slips or offers of support.

Also the fiancee/spouse visa age limit is being raised to 21 years 'by December' this year so move very quickly!
An chéad stad eile Stáisiún Uí Chonghaile....

lukeanddeanna
Newly Registered

Post by lukeanddeanna » Fri Oct 17, 2008 11:13 pm

Wanderer wrote:Two things; third party support is not allowed so no point in including parents pay slips or offers of support.

Also the fiancee/spouse visa age limit is being raised to 21 years 'by December' this year so move very quickly!

Thank you so much for telling me this. Where did you get your information from?

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Post by Wanderer » Sat Oct 18, 2008 9:39 am

lukeanddeanna wrote:
Wanderer wrote:Two things; third party support is not allowed so no point in including parents pay slips or offers of support.

Thank you so much for telling me this. Where did you get your information from?
This forum.
An chéad stad eile Stáisiún Uí Chonghaile....