ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Is Request for Assurance leave to remain?

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

mabhang
Mood:
India

Is Request for Assurance leave to remain?

Post by mabhang » Wed Aug 25, 2021 12:12 am

Hello all,

Please help me with a doubt I have. My parents visited me in Apr 2021. They entered just 3 days before India went into red list! :)

Towards the end of their visa, due to India still being in red list and no proper flights, we applied for visa extension under assurance. But before the result came, they left as they got a flight they could manage on. So they left before their visa expired (which was our intention to not overstay). In the mean while (2 days after they left), the request for assurance got approved and they got almost 2+ months extension. But because they had already left they didn't use it.

We are doing their visitor visa application again now and in the 'UK leave to remain' section there is question -
Have you applied for leave to remain in the UK in the past 10 years?

My question is, does the above assurance come under leave to remain category and should we mention it?

Please advice, it will be very helpful...

Regards,
Anuja

vinny

Re: Is Request for Assurance leave to remain?

Post by vinny » Wed Aug 25, 2021 2:29 am

Irrespective of what it is or isn’t, I believe you should mention it.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

mabhang
Mood:
India

Re: Is Request for Assurance leave to remain?

Post by mabhang » Wed Aug 25, 2021 10:10 am

Thanks Vinny! I think you are right! I will just explain the whole thing in the extra details section.
Thanks again that helps! :)