ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Preceding 12 month calculation

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Navisa7
United Kingdom

Preceding 12 month calculation

Post by Navisa7 » Thu Aug 26, 2021 10:17 pm

Hi again,
I am in the process of completing my Naturalisation application by the end of this month. Would the preceding 12 month calculation for >90 days absence be calculated from the date of submission or is this in any year preceding the application?
The reason I ask is I was stranded in India Jan-July 2020 for 187 days but assuming I apply on the 30th of August, my preceding 12 month absence of days is 0.
I do not know if the above makes sense but this is the best I could explain the situation.
Thanks in anticipation

secret.simon

Re: Preceding 12 month calculation

Post by secret.simon » Thu Aug 26, 2021 10:20 pm

Both the one year and the three/five year period calculations count backwards from the date of submission.
I am not a lawyer or immigration advisor. My statements/comments do not constitute legal advice. E&OE. Please do not PM me for advice.

Navisa7
United Kingdom

Re: Preceding 12 month calculation

Post by Navisa7 » Fri Aug 27, 2021 7:09 am

secret.simon wrote:
Thu Aug 26, 2021 10:20 pm
Both the one year and the three/five year period calculations count backwards from the date of submission.
Thanks @secret.simon. Much appreciated