ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Other immigration applications - Naturalisation UK

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

unicorntapas
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Future Intention Requirement - Naturalisation UK

Post by unicorntapas » Mon Aug 30, 2021 6:13 pm

Hi all,
I have a few questions with regards to future intentions requirement for naturalisation.

Context:
25 Apr 2021 - submitted and paid for naturalisation form online. I had no excess absences (circa 300 days in 5 years, 75 days back in my home country in the 12 months preceding) on resident requirement.

28 Apr - I got a call from my family about a family emergency and flew back to my home country immediately to attend to the emergency (working remotely at that time).

During my time abroad, I got in touch with nationality biometrics about delay in lodging my biometrics and they replied to say it's fine, no worries.

27 Jul - I returned to the UK on 27 Jul

20 Aug - I lodged my biometrics and submitted documents at sopra steria.

My questions as follows:
1. Will my future intention be in doubt to the caseworker given that I was in my home country for 75 days last year, and for circa 90 days immediately after submitting my application? (total not exceeding 180 days, nor being 6 months consecutively)

note: I fully intend to reside in the UK for the foreseeable future, though I have no family here nor am I a homeowner (though have been living in the same flat for the past 3 years).

2. If my situation is going to cast doubt, should I send additional cover letter to UKVI to explain the circumstances leading to my absence subsequent to submitting my application back in April?

Also, would it be useful for me to include information about me recently accepting a job offer from the civil service and am currently undergoing security clearance checks to underline my future intentions to remain in the UK?

Thanks!!

magicsign
Italy

Re: Future Intention Requirement - Naturalisation UK

Post by magicsign » Mon Aug 30, 2021 6:40 pm

According to the main HO guides there's no constraint on travelling after you submitted your naturalisation application. If of course as soon as you submitted your application you move definitely abroad that would be considered deception and (if they find out) could be ground for rejection.

unicorntapas
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by unicorntapas » Tue Aug 31, 2021 9:20 am

Thanks, I read in the guidelines that 'future intended absences' are taken into account together with principal home requirement.

My concern is that given that in the past 12 months counting backwards from when I lodged my biometrics I was out for a total of approx 180 days (even though from my application date, I was only out of the country for 75 days in the 12 months), and me not being a homeowner here in the UK - these combined factors might augur negatively towards my application.

unicorntapas
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by unicorntapas » Tue Aug 31, 2021 9:27 am

Ahh and one other thing, I submitted all 5 years of my P60 (from the same employer) as well as my passport stamps as proof of living in the UK for 5 years.

I was not concerned before, but slightly concerned now that the address on my P60 is actually the address of my parents' home in my home country. Basically I gave that address to my employer before I came to the UK to commence employment 6 years ago and for some reason, despite updates to my addresses in my HR system they never changed the address on my P60 and I never bothered to ask.

Will it be an issue - e.g. that the caseworker might think that my principal home is elsewhere?

Thanks!

alterhase58
Germany

Post by alterhase58 » Tue Aug 31, 2021 9:28 am

The biometrics date is not relevant for calculating the absence total.
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.
Please do not send me private messages asking for advice.

unicorntapas
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by unicorntapas » Tue Aug 31, 2021 9:44 am

Thanks! Does the 6 month processing period (and hence timeline when to check in with UKVI) start from my application date or the biometrics submission date (given that there is a 4 month gap in between)?

dexmo
United Kingdom

Post by dexmo » Tue Aug 31, 2021 10:05 am

unicorntapas wrote:
Tue Aug 31, 2021 9:44 am
Thanks! Does the 6 month processing period (and hence timeline when to check in with UKVI) start from my application date or the biometrics submission date (given that there is a 4 month gap in between)?
Application date. Your future intentions requirement is taken at face value unless you fail to meet residency requirements which you don't, so I wouldn't worry about your address on your P60s or your absences after you applied.

unicorntapas
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by unicorntapas » Tue Aug 31, 2021 11:36 am

Thank you all - very useful advice!

unicorntapas
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Other immigration applications - Naturalisation UK

Post by unicorntapas » Tue Aug 31, 2021 11:41 am

Hi all,
I have another question re the naturalisation form.

I submitted my form and lodged biometrics + submitted all documents.

However, after trawling this site for the past week, I wanted to seek advice on the 'other immigration applications' section of the form.

Context is:

Naturalisation application based on 5 year Tier 2 (gen) + 18 months ILR

I declared all my immigration applications made since my Tier 2, Tier 2 extension and ILR in the 'Other immigration applications' section.

I did not think that any visas granted before that were relevant hence did not declare my Tier 4 (gen) student visas (two visas, one for BSc one for MSc).

For the MSc one, I decided to leave the programme after 3 months so had my visa curtailed. I left before the curtailment period ended.

My question: Do I need to send in additional cover letter explaining the existence of these visas and provide proof that I exited the country before the end of my curtailment period?

Thanks!

unicorntapas
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Re: Other immigration applications - Naturalisation UK

Post by unicorntapas » Tue Aug 31, 2021 10:16 pm

Hey, anyone able to advise on this? Thanks~~