ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Payment Rejected - How long to get docs back??

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

lbfrancois

Payment Rejected - How long to get docs back??

Post by lbfrancois » Wed May 11, 2005 1:48 pm

Hi,

My credit card was rejected for some reason, I called the Credit Card company (it's a MasterCard International) but they said there was no rejection on their logs, and the card was good for making the payment...
I contacted the charging team and they said my application was sent back, I wonder if anybody know how long it takes to get the docs back...
I live in Brazil, does anybody has a estimative of how long it will take?

I want to resend them asap! This time I will pay by money order...
But I am very worried about the safety of the docs, do they send them by regular mail??

Did anybody else go through this same experience?

Thank you,
Lu.

Talha

Post by Talha » Wed May 11, 2005 2:49 pm

hi,

I had payment problem too. I got doc. back within 2 weeks (I live in Thailand).

and it was thru regular mail. Use a bankers draft, it takes 5 working days to clear.

good luck

lbfrancois

Post by lbfrancois » Wed May 11, 2005 3:00 pm

What is a bankers draft??

Rog
Member of Standing

Post by Rog » Wed May 11, 2005 5:04 pm

Approach a branch of a large bank in your country and ask them for a demand draft payable in UK in Pound Sterling. They will debit you for equivalent of your local currency and issue you a draft in Pounds as per your request. They can issue such a draft even if they dont have abranch in London through their correspondent bank in London. This is safest method for payment

Yinkuze

Post by Yinkuze » Wed May 11, 2005 5:32 pm

Thanks to Rog for the Info on DD, I will do just that

I have same problem, the charging team just informed me that my credit card has been rejected.

I submitted an under- 2 :x application on 9th May, now my 28 birthday is 15th may, just in 3 (working) days.

the charging team has mailed my application back to me because of rejected payment and i should get it maybe in 2 weeks time when i would have turned 28

does anybody know if i can still resubmit the under-28 application once i get a demand draft from my bank knowing fully well that i am now 28

would the hsmp team consider that i have first submited before i was 28

eagerly waiting for advice :x
TIME is a better JUDGE than REASON.
-Thomas Paine

Yinkuze

to Talha

Post by Yinkuze » Wed May 11, 2005 5:40 pm

Talha,

Do you know what dates the HSMP will consider as submisstion of ur application,

is it thethe first date or when u resubmitted

i have subitted an under 28 when i was actually under 28, my payment has bee rejected and now i will have to re-submit but i would have turned 28, do u think they will still consider my first submission

thanks for prompt reply :x
Talha wrote:hi,

I had payment problem too. I got doc. back within 2 weeks (I live in Thailand).

and it was thru regular mail. Use a bankers draft, it takes 5 working days to clear.

good luck
TIME is a better JUDGE than REASON.
-Thomas Paine

lbfrancois

Post by lbfrancois » Wed May 11, 2005 6:29 pm

i have sent an e-mail to the charging team and they said that bank draft is not a valid payment method.

Talha

Post by Talha » Wed May 11, 2005 6:31 pm

Dear Yinkuze,

I dont know exactly but I personally think that only after payment clearance your application will be considered. I am saying this because their service standards are based on payment clearance.

However you can take your chance by providing a proof (courier bills etc) that you submitted your application before you turned 28. Also mention that payment rejection was out of your control. They may consider.

Good luck!

TJ