ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Address change during pending naturalisation application

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

iliketea
Newly Registered
Bulgaria

Address change during pending naturalisation application

Post by iliketea » Mon Sep 06, 2021 4:02 pm

Hi everyone,

My naturalisation application is currently being processed but I have changed my UK address. I filled in the online form at https://visa-address-update.service.gov.uk as advised my the UKVI over the phone, but have not received any confirmation email about this (the last step of the form said that they have sent me a confirmation email). Has anyone else had this problem? Not sure if I should be chasing it up with them?

Thanks.

TerryGH
Chile

Re: Address change during pending naturalisation application

Post by TerryGH » Tue Sep 07, 2021 10:18 am

I had the same situation, no acknowledgment email. I think it's a bug in a crappy HO system.

Just to be safe, I sent my details by email as well, but there was no response, so I'm hoping they update it somewhere in the background. And just to be safe, I paid for mail forwarding to my new address, although I hope they send everything by email rather than normal post.

iliketea
Newly Registered
Bulgaria

Post by iliketea » Tue Sep 07, 2021 12:14 pm

TerryGH wrote:
Tue Sep 07, 2021 10:18 am
I had the same situation, no acknowledgment email. I think it's a bug in a crappy HO system.

Just to be safe, I sent my details by email as well, but there was no response, so I'm hoping they update it somewhere in the background. And just to be safe, I paid for mail forwarding to my new address, although I hope they send everything by email rather than normal post.
I had a similar situation before with an email after making a mistake on my application. No acknowledgement whatsoever. Luckily I was able to add the letter during my biometrics appointment.

What email did you send your new address to?

TerryGH
Chile

Post by TerryGH » Tue Sep 07, 2021 1:38 pm

iliketea wrote:
Tue Sep 07, 2021 12:14 pm
What email did you send your new address to?
nationalityenquiries@homeoffice.gov.uk
NationalitySupportTeamFMT@homeoffice.gov.uk