ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Citizenship timeline tracker.

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

vassa
Newly Registered

Re: help

Post by vassa » Sun Oct 19, 2008 3:35 pm

Heybabyy wrote:
vassa wrote:Hii. ok. this question could have been asked before and i spent already few hours trying to avoid asking an "alread answered question" but here I am it is all about P21. i applied in may 2006
When exactly did you applied in May 06, I mean which week??

Do also keep your affidavits for birth/marriage (bank statements, payslips) ready because they may ask for those docs after 2-3 weeks and creating more delays.
yeah they did ask for all of them, bank statement will take like 3 days i hope. and payslips i do keep.
i honestly forgot when i applied! i had thought i applied end of april so it must be early may. i get the letter from them saying they have got my application first week of june 2006 so it must be early may then?!

Aceform
Member of Standing

Post by Aceform » Sun Oct 19, 2008 7:35 pm

vassa wrote:Hii. ok. this question could have been asked before and i spent already few hours trying to avoid asking an "alread answered question" but here I am
it is all about P21
i applied in may 2006 and just got the letter yesterday asking for p21 etc ...
I need to know if there is any way fast to get it.
the way that i am doin now is
1- register on PAYE website (takes more than 5 days to get the letter from them)
2- then log on and request the P21. another 5 days
so 2 weeks delays to reply to them
anyone could help please if there is any faster way to get a P21. can i just go collect it somewhere?
thanks a lot
Vassa,

You can just give them a ring and request as well, they will post it in couple of days.

Ace

Aceform
Member of Standing

Heavy cuts due in public service jobs

Post by Aceform » Sun Oct 19, 2008 7:42 pm

http://www.sbpost.ie/post/pages/p/story ... qqqx=1.asp

This might further delay waiting times if the axe falls on DoJ.

alica
Newly Registered

Post by alica » Mon Oct 20, 2008 2:09 pm

bloody foreigner wrote:Hi vassa,
Take your cheque book in case you owe them money.
INIS is asking for last P21 eg. 2007 I guess if there is tax due is shown for that (2007)year they won't change anything in it - even if you already paid all your taxes in 2008 ...

do you think it could be problem if P21 shows tax due?

bloody foreigner

Post by bloody foreigner » Mon Oct 20, 2008 2:36 pm

I wouldn't know if tax owing is a problem, but I would think that owing nothing is best.
I think that if you pay what's owing (if any) for 2007, they should be able to print the statement allowing for the payment, ie. showing nothing owed.

I don't know any of this for sure, I'm not that far with my application yet.

vassa
Newly Registered

Post by vassa » Mon Oct 20, 2008 4:17 pm

Aceform wrote:
vassa wrote:Hii. ok. this question could have been asked before and i spent already few hours trying to avoid asking an "alread answered question" but here I am
it is all about P21
1- register on PAYE website (takes more than 5 days to get the letter from them)
anyone could help please if there is any faster way to get a P21. can i just go collect it somewhere?
thanks a lot
Vassa,

You can just give them a ring and request as well, they will post it in couple of days.

Ace

:) thanks. just gave them a call and they said it will take 5 working days to get the P21 :D yeppy :P

bloody foreigner

Post by bloody foreigner » Tue Oct 21, 2008 3:46 pm

DoJE&LR are complaining about the number of Parliamentary Questions that they are getting... :lol:

http://www.tribune.ie/news/home-news/ar ... st-350000/

vassa
Newly Registered

Post by vassa » Tue Oct 21, 2008 8:04 pm

bloody foreigner wrote:DoJE&LR are complaining about the number of Parliamentary Questions that they are getting... :lol:

(More than half of the questions have come from a single TD, Fine Gael's Bernard Durkan; 898 questions, or €179,600 worth, were asked by him alone. )

I will vote for this TD if his questions will lead to a fast processing of my citizenship

cnu

Post by cnu » Wed Oct 22, 2008 10:47 am

bloody foreigner wrote:DoJE&LR are complaining about the number of Parliamentary Questions that they are getting... :lol:

Good post, thank you!

LuasPassenger

Post by LuasPassenger » Wed Oct 22, 2008 3:34 pm

Quote from the article sent by BF:
"The Irish Naturalisation and Immigration Service has offered a service to provide answers by way of email. This enables the Irish Naturalisation and Immigration Service to focus staff resources on processing cases rather than the time-consuming preparation of answers to very large numbers of parliamentary questions."
I sent them an email in 2006 and I never got a reply. Using the phone is not much better. First, they only entertain telephone enquiries for a couple of hours on Tue and Thu. Then, it takes ages for somebody to pick up the phone. Usually you have to dial many times. When finally they answer the phone you get somebody who doesn't seem to know much about the INIS procedures, let alone help you with a particular question on your specific case. Post works best, however the letter you get looks more like a selection of paragraphs they pasted from a template of "standard replies".

It looks like parliamantary questions are the best way to get a good answer. :)

I think we should be able to query the status on our application by entering our application number in their website. At least that way we can know where our application is and more or less by when we'll get a resolution. That would decrease the number of phone calls, letters and the "expensive" parliamentary questions.

bloody foreigner

Post by bloody foreigner » Wed Oct 22, 2008 5:51 pm

A couple of interesting points from yesterday's Parliamentary Questions:

Regarding applications from minors:
"Applications on behalf of minors are dealt with by a separate unit in the Citizenship Section. Because they generally require less processing than standard adult applications, it is usually possible to finalise them more quickly."
I guess the same applies to refugees and people married to Irish - it looks like there are separate streams, as some in this forum have theorised.

Regarding general applications:
"Officials in that Section are currently processing applications received in June 2006. The current processing time for certificates of naturalisation is approximately 28 months."

Heybabyy

Post by Heybabyy » Thu Oct 23, 2008 10:57 am

bloody foreigner wrote:A couple of interesting points from yesterday's Parliamentary Questions:
Good one.

I checked the website - http://www.oireachtas.ie, but can't locate the discussion on parliamentary questions. Could you please forward the weblink.

LuasPassenger

Post by LuasPassenger » Thu Oct 23, 2008 11:18 am

Heybabyy wrote:I checked the website - http://www.oireachtas.ie, but can't locate the discussion on parliamentary questions. Could you please forward the weblink.
Go here and click on the last two triangles at the Citizenship Applications header: http://debates.oireachtas.ie/DIndexQ.as ... ce#Justice

The website is not very intuitive. But to find questions for a particular day, go to http://debates.oireachtas.ie/DDebates.a ... 0&Type=DAL
Then click on the day you're interested in. And then click on "Questions" on the left-hand side menu. Then expand the departmen't you're interested in. For Citizenship and Immigration matters, expand "Justice, Equality and Law Reform, Department of".

strongbow
Member of Standing

Post by strongbow » Thu Oct 23, 2008 1:34 pm

Most of the questions seem to be in relation to applications on the basis of refugee status etc. There's hardly any in relation to the status check for applications made on the basis of living and working in Ireland for 5 yrs.

dan10
Newly Registered

driving offence

Post by dan10 » Thu Oct 23, 2008 8:10 pm

hi,
I got a speeding ticket recently and i paid for the fixed charges will this effect my naturalisation application which was submitted in dec 2005. In May this year i got a letter asking for my birth /marriage affidavit which had send to them , still waiting for any news about the decision.

thanks

another_immigrant

Post by another_immigrant » Fri Oct 24, 2008 10:56 am

vassa wrote:
Aceform wrote:
it is all about P21
thanks a lot
Vassa,

Ace

:) thanks. just gave them a call and they said it will take 5 working days to get the P21 :D yeppy :P

Hi all,

My initial application was back in July 2006 and I just would like to update the board that this week I've received a letter asking for a birth certificate, a P21, Bank statement and Payslips for the last 3 months. I don't have any birth ceritificate but instead I went to a solicitor with the Birth affidavit that was submitted in this board. He signed it for me. I also have the translated National ID card by our embassy.

I was just wondering Has anyone had any issues with the affidavit form ? Do they insist on a birth certificate ? ( we don't have this regulation in my country, we only have the ID cards that shows birth of date,place,mother/father name and other details)

I'll submit these as soon as I get the P21. Also do you guys know by any chance what's the next step and how long it might take more?

many thanks,
AI

strongbow
Member of Standing

Post by strongbow » Fri Oct 24, 2008 12:57 pm

@dan
hi,
I got a speeding ticket recently and i paid for the fixed charges will this effect my naturalisation application which was submitted in dec 2005. In May this year i got a letter asking for my birth /marriage affidavit which had send to them , still waiting for any news about the decision.
Hopefully this shouldn't have any impact on your naturalisation application but with these guys you never know.
I applied in Nov 2005 and received request for affidavits in May this year--still waiting on any further news, so you are in the same boat as me.

dan10
Newly Registered

Post by dan10 » Fri Oct 24, 2008 1:21 pm

[quote]Hopefully this shouldn't have any impact on your naturalisation application but with these guys you never know.
I applied in Nov 2005 and received request for affidavits in May this year--still waiting on any further news, so you are in the same boat as me.[quote]

Thats true ,fingers crossed and wait for the news

pahadia
Ireland

Post by pahadia » Fri Oct 24, 2008 3:20 pm

Hi all,
Today I have received much awaited letter from DOJ asking for more documents(P21,Marriage affidavit etc).I have a one question regarding P21. I am a preparatory director of a company . I called revenue and they said preparatory director generally don't get P21 instead they get Tax assessment certificate.I have already filled tax for 2007 and don't owe money to revenue. I am wondering if tax assessment cert is ok with DOJ ? Any body else in the same boat as I am ? Any suggestion is highly appreciated ?

LuasPassenger

Post by LuasPassenger » Fri Oct 24, 2008 3:40 pm

pahadia wrote:Hi all,
Today I have received much awaited letter from DOJ asking for more documents(P21,Marriage affidavit etc).I have a one question regarding P21. I am a preparatory director of a company . I called revenue and they said preparatory director generally don't get P21 instead they get Tax assessment certificate.I have already filled tax for 2007 and don't owe money to revenue. I am wondering if tax assessment cert is ok with DOJ ? Any body else in the same boat as I am ? Any suggestion is highly appreciated ?
This is correct. You can only get a P21 if you are a PAYE employee and have no other income. If you're a company director or have other income and pay Income Tax instead or on top of PAYE, then you cannot get a P21. The Notice of Assessment issued by Revenue is what you need to send to INIS instead.

I was in the same situation as I pay income tax on top of PAYE (I'm not a company director :)). After inquiring with Revenue, I sent my payslips and the Notice of Assessment for 2007 and INIS was happy with that. I just wrote a cover letter explaining what Revenue had told me and why I was not able to submit a P21.

If you paid online using ROS (Revenue Online Service) you can just print out the Notice of Assessment from there. If you paid via form 11 on paper, you'll have to wait until Revenue sends you a Notice of Assessment by post.

Heybabyy

Post by Heybabyy » Fri Oct 24, 2008 3:42 pm

I am a preparatory director of a company . I called revenue and they said preparatory director generally don't get P21 instead they get Tax assessment certificate.I have already filled tax for 2007 and don't owe money to revenue. I am wondering if tax assessment cert is ok with DOJ ? Any body else in the same boat as I am ? Any suggestion is highly appreciated ?
There is nothing called a preparatory directory - you probably meant to say proprietary director.

DoJ assume all applicants are PAYE employees and therefor ask for P21. Write a letter to them saying that you are self-employed, hence P21 is not applicable for you. Attach a Notice of Assessment for 2007, which you can print from revenue website. That should be it.

Heybabyy

Post by Heybabyy » Fri Oct 24, 2008 3:45 pm

Pahadia - when did you applied??

Here's the latest from INIS website :

Applications for naturalisation received in June 2006 are currently being processed.
Under the Irish Nationality and Citizenship (Fees) Regulations 2008, the following new fee structure will come into effect from 1 August 2008.

It says June 2006 but some guys in july 2006 have started hearing from them. I love Tiperrary.

pahadia
Ireland

Post by pahadia » Fri Oct 24, 2008 4:06 pm

Thanks guys for the reply. I'll do as you suggested.
Regarding when did I apply. I think it was Mid June-2006. First acknowledgement letter I received from INIS was on 15/07/2006 and final (stating my application was placed into chronological order) on 24/10/2006.

dublinislander
Newly Registered

Post by dublinislander » Sun Oct 26, 2008 6:39 pm

Heybabyy wrote:

On the letter I received it said "P21 OR Tax Clearance Certificate".

I called Revenue about getting a Tax Clearance Certificate, and to my surprise this is really quick to get. If your tax affairs are in order for last year, you can call, fill out a form, fax it to them and then just the NEXT day they issue you an online Tax Clearance Cert. The actual cert arrived in the post just 2-3 days later. Really fast!

Just call your local tax office and follow the instructions to talk about tax clearance certs.

Much simplier than I imagined this would be.

EBS

Post by EBS » Tue Oct 28, 2008 11:07 am

Did anybody who applied in Feb-March 06, hear anything from INIS apart from request of additional documents? Cheers