ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Naturalization and child citizenship.

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

myinfo

Naturalization and child citizenship.

Post by myinfo » Wed Sep 08, 2021 1:30 pm

Hi
I have 2 queries about naturalization and child citizenship.

Actually my husband got ILR on 4th November 2020 (tier 1 entrepreneur 5years route) and I completed my 5 years in the UK in June 2021 and I got my ILR on 09 August 2021(dependent on spouse).

Q1) My husband is going to apply for naturalization on 04th November 2021 exactly after 1 year of ILR, can I apply for naturalization at the same time as him?
(one of my friends told me I don't have to wait for 1year after ILR).

Q2) Our daughter was born on 12th August 2021 that time we both had our ILR. We need to apply for her British passport. Can we delay, once me and my husband will get our British passport then can we apply for her passport or have to go on ILR settlement visa?

please if you can share the links for applying for naturalization and child British passport that will be great.

Thanks

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Naturalization and child citizenship.

Post by CR001 » Wed Sep 08, 2021 2:19 pm

Q1. No you have to wait because you are not the spouse of a British citizen yet. You can't apply at the same time. The only time you do not have to wait 12 months is if your spouse is already British.

Q2. She can apply for a British passport directly. You don't have to wait for the parents to become British. The child is automatically British if born in the UK to parents who have ILR, you do not need a visa or ilr for the child.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

myinfo

Post by myinfo » Wed Sep 08, 2021 2:53 pm

Thanks for Reply

So what I understand is my husband will apply for naturalization 0n 4th November 2021 once he gets a British certificate then can I apply? 

Means I got my ILR on 09 August 2021 and for example if my husband gets a British certificate February/March time then can I apply for naturalization? so I don't need to wait 12 months till 09 August 2022? can apply just after he becomes British.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed Sep 08, 2021 4:43 pm

Correct yes, provided you meet the requirements.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

myinfo

Post by myinfo » Wed Sep 08, 2021 6:12 pm

Thank you soo much

myinfo

Post by myinfo » Thu Sep 09, 2021 4:51 pm

Last things if you could help

Q1) Please send me the official link to apply for my daughter's British passport?

Q2) Please send me the official link to apply for Naturalization?

Thank you so much for being really helpful.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu Sep 09, 2021 4:54 pm

The forms come up in a Google search and also posted many times on the forum. Useful to do some of the prep work yourself instead of asking forum members to look for things for you. We are all unpaid volunteers!!!
Char (CR001 not Casa)

myinfo

Post by myinfo » Thu Sep 09, 2021 5:50 pm

Thanks for your help.