ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Expedite case consideration...

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

AbstractObtuse
Newly Registered

Expedite case consideration...

Post by AbstractObtuse » Sat Oct 18, 2008 11:12 pm

Hi All,
I have all my documents for Tier 1(General) ready, except for the maintenance funds document which i am getting on 21st of October. Am appearing for biometric this 23rd at Chicago and intend to express mail my documents on the 25 th. I am flying out of US on 7th Nov.
What do i need to do to convince the Home authorities to return my passport by the 7 th of November ( without which i cannot fly out of US) ? Should i make an appeal with the consular office in Chicago to expedite my case ?
Whats the average time taken for processing a Tier 1 Visa in October this year and how quick can my case be expedited ?

Thanks

niw2
Member of Standing

Post by niw2 » Sun Oct 19, 2008 8:18 am

Am appearing for biometric this 23rd at Chicago and intend to express mail my documents on the 25 th. I am flying out of US on 7th Nov.
I think I speak for everyone here when I say that you are extremely optimistic if you are hoping to get a Tier 1 visa in that timeframe (however, stranger things have happened, its worth a try). Currently processing times in New Zealand are at least 5 weeks, in Australia nearly twice that. Indian processing centres seem to require several weeks minimum. Im not sure what processing times are like in the US but you would need high expectations to expect to have your application processed and returned in two weeks. Immigration authorities seem to take an inordinate amount of time to do their thing. I wish you good luck.

AbstractObtuse
Newly Registered

Re: Expedite case consideration...

Post by AbstractObtuse » Mon Oct 20, 2008 3:40 am

A point taken..Looks to be a risky bet.. What would be the safest way ?
Once i move out of the US, a bank statement ( to be procured and produced) within the last 7 days would be a distant dream.
Would you suggest getting the bank statement on the 6th and appear for biometric on the 7th at Chicago ,proceed with my travel plans out of the US on night of 7th and express mail the documents( along with passport) once i land in Isreal ?
In other words, Can i appear for biometric at Chicago and mail in my documents from an address in Isreal ? Is it permissible ?

Thanks for your honest views , niw2 !!!

niw2
Member of Standing

Post by niw2 » Mon Oct 20, 2008 4:33 am

Why not apply from Israel? You dont have to apply from the US just because you are a US citizen.

Plan 1: Take your bank statements with you and get a biometrics appointment the day after you land, then submit your application to the local BHC before the bank statements are more than 7 days old. It will depend whether you can get a biometrics appointment.

Plan 2: Get an interim bank statement issued by your bank branch in Israel (if they have an office in Israel, probably not, but what would I know about the banking relationship between the US and Israel), or have an interim statement couriered to you by your bank in the US, and apply to the local BHC in Israel.