ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

chair of governors (school) referee

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

camil
Newly Registered

chair of governors (school) referee

Post by camil » Wed Sep 08, 2021 9:55 pm

hi,

I have a friend who is chair of governors at a school. can I use him as a referee? does his profession fall under accepted professions? i have read the list, but it is not clear to me... thank you

alterhase58
Germany

Re: chair of governors (school) referee

Post by alterhase58 » Wed Sep 08, 2021 10:16 pm

Chair of Governors at schools is normally a voluntary position, not a profession.
Check with the person what their actual profession/job is.
I (professionally qualified) have been a voluntary school governor a few years ago - you may find there are quite a few professionals on the school board, such as lawyers, accountants, teachers, etc.
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.
Please do not send me private messages asking for advice.

camil
Newly Registered

Re: chair of governors (school) referee

Post by camil » Thu Sep 09, 2021 7:18 pm

alterhase58 wrote:
Wed Sep 08, 2021 10:16 pm
Chair of Governors at schools is normally a voluntary position, not a profession.
Check with the person what their actual profession/job is.
I (professionally qualified) have been a voluntary school governor a few years ago - you may find there are quite a few professionals on the school board, such as lawyers, accountants, teachers, etc.
thank you, he is a retired teacher, and he is not being paid for chair of governors role..so it seems that i cant use him as a professional refree...