ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Documents Required At Airport

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

AzimScot

Documents Required At Airport

Post by AzimScot » Sun Oct 19, 2008 8:10 pm

When coming to the UK what documents are required to show immigration control at the airport?

I guess its:-

Foreign Passport & Visa
Marriage Certificate In English
TB Certificate
Foreign Identity Card

Anything else?

ribena

Post by ribena » Sun Oct 19, 2008 8:24 pm

from my experience.. i only show my passport with visa but have my marriage cert in a carry bag. but the immigration officers didnt ask for anything else nor TB cert or check at the airport.

AzimScot

Post by AzimScot » Sun Oct 19, 2008 9:54 pm

I read once somewhere can't remember that sometimes you need to show your TB certificate is not past its expiry or something.

ribena

Post by ribena » Mon Oct 20, 2008 12:17 am

yea.. i read somewhere as well that if you will be staying in the country for more than 6 months you will need to provide TB cert or have it check at the clinic in the airport . i thought i was subjected to that( TB Check) but the immigration officer didnt say anything and i just kept my mouth shut :D

when i was here back in 2003 on working holiday, i was subjected to TB screening on my arrival (which i didnt know of). perhaps you might want to check with the High Comm. Better to have the TB check in your country as the queue at the clinic in the airport can be very long. back in 2003, i had to wait almost an hour before i was called for the test and wait again for the result.

just found this site:

http://www.ukvisas.gov.uk/en/howtoapply/tbscreening/

carlabeach

Post by carlabeach » Mon Oct 20, 2008 5:38 am

What means TB certificate i never hear about it?

batleykhan

Post by batleykhan » Mon Oct 20, 2008 10:40 am

What means TB certificate i never hear about it?
Its a check to see whether your suffer from Tubercolsis.

Its done mainly for applicants coming to the UK from Asia and Africa

princess22

Post by princess22 » Mon Oct 20, 2008 10:52 am

You need to have your TB certificate just incase the immigration officer wants to see it.

It is also stated in your letter that you receive with your visa that you must carry the TB certificate.

AzimScot

Post by AzimScot » Mon Oct 20, 2008 5:18 pm

What about a national ID card? Is this required is it better to take it as well as your passport?

ribena

Post by ribena » Mon Oct 20, 2008 11:23 pm

keep all your important docs with you on a hand carry luggage.only give what the immigration officer ask.

Christophe
Diamond Member

Post by Christophe » Tue Oct 21, 2008 10:02 am

AzimScot wrote:What about a national ID card? Is this required is it better to take it as well as your passport?
By all means have it with you, but unless you have an national ID card issued by an EU/EEA country because you are a citizen of that country, you'll need your passport to enter the UK anyway.