ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

4 years work permit hold + 1 year tier 1

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

xiaowei

4 years work permit hold + 1 year tier 1

Post by xiaowei » Mon Oct 20, 2008 11:11 am

Can I be granted for ILR if I have 4 year as work permit holder and 1 year tier 1 visa?
Thanks

dnicky
Member of Standing

Post by dnicky » Mon Oct 20, 2008 11:48 am

Yes, after you complete the required period of 5 years of continuous stay(as it stands right now) either on WP, WP+Tier 1 or Tier 1.
Not to mention there are statutory other requirements such as passing Life in UK test, no recourse to public funds etc. t hat you will need to satsify as well.

xiaowei

Post by xiaowei » Mon Oct 20, 2008 12:56 pm

dnicky wrote:Yes, after you complete the required period of 5 years of continuous stay(as it stands right now) either on WP, WP+Tier 1 or Tier 1.
Not to mention there are statutory other requirements such as passing Life in UK test, no recourse to public funds etc. t hat you will need to satsify as well.
Thanks for the information.
I have just got tier 1 visa today. After a year I will be qualified.

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Post by Wanderer » Mon Oct 20, 2008 12:57 pm

But not Tier 1 PSW visa - that counts towards 10 years legal stay but not 5 years
An chéad stad eile Stáisiún Uí Chonghaile....