ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Spousal Visa Application - Pakistan

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

str34

Post by str34 » Mon Oct 20, 2008 12:07 pm

naz08: hi, yes the misses phoned me to let me know, i also phoned on this number 0092512098999 its the message u get while u wait for someone to answer.

EVERYONE KEEP POSITIVE INSHA ALLAH WE WILL ALL RECIEVE GOOD NEWS!!!

oahmed

Post by oahmed » Mon Oct 20, 2008 12:08 pm

Imi - when did you apply???

I kinda agree as well. I think everyone just needs to be positive and a bit more patient. I know this is very very difficult to do considering your apart from your loved ones, trust me I know, im in the same boat as you all!! But I dont think its wise to keep on emailing and hassling, it will only dishearten you if you dont get the response you desire.

I think the BHC are pretty good and will respond, the VACs ... well they are obviously trying to improve, but I still think alot of the probs lie with them.

Keep Smiling Everyone :D

str34

Post by str34 » Mon Oct 20, 2008 12:10 pm

IMI HI, WHAT STRUCTURE DID YOU USE FOR THE MAIL AS I JUST GOT A STANDARD MAIL BACK?

THANKS

naz08
Member of Standing

Post by naz08 » Mon Oct 20, 2008 12:20 pm

imi wrote:Hi guys,

My mrs called gerry's and they said they were open to take calls till midnight. So it is good.
I also emailed BHC and they responded to me saying the app was "in a queue" n "waiting for its turn to be assessed" they said it takes 60 days for settlement visas to get processed. So, there is sort of relief cuz i know what stage my app is at. All i have to do is wait.

I think gerry's is trying to get more efficient too.

What i would suggest to those settlement apps whose status shows "app forwarded to Islamabad OC" is to wait patiently n pray. Cuz there is no point bugging gerry's if they haven't got the passports back.
#

so they are taking calls till midnight buh wah bout calling people back????so they working extra hours.......when did u submitt urs and were?????

del_piero_3

Post by del_piero_3 » Mon Oct 20, 2008 2:47 pm

oahmed wrote:Del Piero - your missus put in here application yet ???
Well she has the appointment for tomorrow.....I pray they dont mess us around this time...

imi

Post by imi » Mon Oct 20, 2008 3:01 pm

Hi guys,

oahmed & naz08: i applied on the 18th Sept in islamabad's gerry's. They're taking calls till midnight, but not sure of calling back till midnight. As some people like faaniali and others in this forum were saying, you could get a late night call too. so it is possible to get a late night call back.

str34: I just asked them to give me info about the progress of my application and gave them:
Name, Ref. No., Passport No., DOB, Application date and type of application
plz use the applicant's email and name

Sorry guys i am not so good at replying quick cuz i am deadly timely restricted. Keep on the positive spirits and keep praying folks! Inshallah we'll get the good news soon!

oahmed

Post by oahmed » Mon Oct 20, 2008 3:07 pm

Good luck bro ... inshallah she will be fine :D

oahmed

Post by oahmed » Mon Oct 20, 2008 3:09 pm

del_piero_3 wrote:
oahmed wrote:Del Piero - your missus put in here application yet ???
Well she has the appointment for tomorrow.....I pray they dont mess us around this time...
Good luck bro ... inshallah she will be fine!! :D

rawaz
Newly Registered

need help

Post by rawaz » Mon Oct 20, 2008 3:36 pm

hi i just joined in because this forum seems to be reslly helpful.. well i'm really very very confused and would appreciate if any one of u can answer my quries...

i want to apply for the settlement visa...and have yet to take an appointment. currently i live in multan so will probably go to lahore... what i wanted to ask was are they really stritch about appointments time and date??

secondly how will u know if ur application is processed... i mean if they dont call u.. Is the status shown on the website enough to go and collect ur passport or is there some kind of appointment system for collection 2..

please help me bofore i make arrangements for the travelling ..

naz08
Member of Standing

Post by naz08 » Mon Oct 20, 2008 3:44 pm

imi wrote:Hi guys,

oahmed & naz08: i applied on the 18th Sept in islamabad's gerry's. They're taking calls till midnight, but not sure of calling back till midnight. As some people like faaniali and others in this forum were saying, you could get a late night call too. so it is possible to get a late night call back.

str34: I just asked them to give me info about the progress of my application and gave them:
Name, Ref. No., Passport No., DOB, Application date and type of application
plz use the applicant's email and name

Sorry guys i am not so good at replying quick cuz i am deadly timely restricted. Keep on the positive spirits and keep praying folks! Inshallah we'll get the good news soon!
inshahallah we will al get the gud news we are prayn for.......im gn hold off emailing them again untill end of this week....gna let them do there work..they will onli ring us when the BHC send the passports back...mine is currently with BHC so im not expecting anyting anytime soon

str34

Post by str34 » Tue Oct 21, 2008 8:41 am

rawaz: hi, yes i believe they are strict with appointments, u are notified via jerrys when ur application is completed normally with phone call, but you will get a tracking number, when you submit the app. which you can use and track the progress of the app,

hope this helps.

naz08
Member of Standing

Post by naz08 » Tue Oct 21, 2008 9:44 am

hey guys hw is everyone??

the VAC in islamabad has re opened it re opned on friday dats why they workin late now...oh this gyal on the other site told me this........

anyone got any updates as of yet??

str34

Post by str34 » Tue Oct 21, 2008 11:01 am

naz08: hi naz how are u? no updates, just phone them in the morning no progress, but have heard that when u submit app's you are given a time of when to check with them, the misses told me that they did tell her to ring in two months, so to be honest i am gonna pray and play the waiting game, until the middle of next month, insha-allah will get the news i am looking for. any news from u? also when u applied what did they tell you ie how long did they say?
keep smiling ok

everyone keep positive insha allah we will all get new news!!

naz08
Member of Standing

Post by naz08 » Tue Oct 21, 2008 11:05 am

str34 - they told my hubbi that it could take up to, 2 months so yeh im gna wait now no point in buggn them ......buh my hubbi rang them this morning they told him it prob take another week dats all...so im hopin to hea sumting @ the end of this month

str34

Post by str34 » Tue Oct 21, 2008 11:12 am

naz08: insha allah you will hear something very soon. i am praying for you, well all of us that we will get the news we hope for.

mrsi

Post by mrsi » Tue Oct 21, 2008 12:21 pm

hi Every1 i just wanted 2 ask sum advice as u know its been a whole month since my husband status has been changed 2 collect the passports and since then we are waiting for a fone call and we are not getting it we have emailed bhc few times and they keep on replying a auto msg saying ur documents have been dispatched to gerry internationals we assumed it is in islambaad as every1 are mostly likely to get them from there so i sended my husband 4 times since then and they keep on sayin just wait ..i dont really know what else can we do can any1 give me some advice on what should i do and get some answers ..i would be really greatful if any1 can give any advice

str34

Post by str34 » Tue Oct 21, 2008 12:24 pm

mrsi hello, what is he saying when he gets there, is saying that he wants them to check, or is he telling them that he got a call to collect?
Last edited by str34 on Tue Oct 21, 2008 12:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

str34

Post by str34 » Tue Oct 21, 2008 12:25 pm

str34 wrote:mrsi hello, what is he saying when he gets there, is saying that he wants them to check, or is he telling them that he got a call to collect?

mrsi

Post by mrsi » Tue Oct 21, 2008 12:30 pm

He has been saying both but they have refused to give any papers back as there are not there ..

naz08
Member of Standing

Post by naz08 » Tue Oct 21, 2008 1:08 pm

mrsi - tell ur hubbi to tell them that he recieved an email from BHC sayn that u have the documents and passports tell them that u got be hard wiv them now they are takin the mick

whcih office does he go to? the one in islamabad has re opened apprently it re opened on friday so ask him to the place were he submitted them........

kam1
Newly Registered

Re:

Post by kam1 » Tue Oct 21, 2008 6:03 pm

Hello Guys,

This is the second time my wife is applying for a settlement visa. The first time it was refused - instead of appealing we are reapplying.

She had her interview in Lahore today and has been told to expect a call between 2 and 6 weeks.

For those trying to get an appointment, It would probably be best to go to lahore rather than phoning up. My wife was ringing nearly all week with no response so my father in law went to Lahore (8 hour return journey from mirpur!) and that was the only way we got an appointment to submit the application!

My wife mentioned that about 50 people had been sent back home because of not having photocopies of their documents.

What time frame have other been given?

oahmed

Post by oahmed » Tue Oct 21, 2008 6:17 pm

Hi Kam1 - my missus applied last week and was told similar timeframes. When she went loads of pple were getting turned away coz they didnt have appts!!

Like your case, this is our second application, didnt appeal, reapplied instead.

Inshallah, we shall be successful this time around - remain positive :D

Jav_04
Newly Registered

Post by Jav_04 » Tue Oct 21, 2008 7:54 pm

Salaam All.

I'm new to this forum, so i'll tell you my exp.....

My wife submitted her visa application on the 16th sept in mirpur and was told to come back on the 16th oct.

When she went on the 16th the office was closed and there were 2 guys standing outside.

They told her your application has been forwarded to the islamabad office and don't worry you will get a call form the office within the next 2-3 weeks.

So...........it's a matter of time before they ring

kam1
Newly Registered

Post by kam1 » Tue Oct 21, 2008 11:19 pm

oahmed wrote:Hi Kam1 - my missus applied last week and was told similar timeframes. When she went loads of pple were getting turned away coz they didnt have appts!!

Like your case, this is our second application, didnt appeal, reapplied instead.

Inshallah, we shall be successful this time around - remain positive :D
I just hope we get the visa this time round! It's really difficult to remain positive. Im just thinking about some of the people on this board that have not seen their partners for over a year :shock:

This time round, we showed the papers to 5 different imigration lawyers all of who said that the application should be granted! But we were quite sure that it would be granted last time round too!

Has anyone on this forum got the visa within a couple of weeks?

del_piero_3

Re:

Post by del_piero_3 » Wed Oct 22, 2008 12:18 pm

kam1 wrote:This is the second time my wife is applying for a settlement visa. The first time it was refused - instead of appealing we are reapplying.
Under what grounds they refused you on?