ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Question for US applicants -- date on application

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

USAapplicant
Newly Registered

Question for US applicants -- date on application

Post by USAapplicant » Tue Oct 21, 2008 7:11 am

Which is considered the date of your application:

The day you submit your online application?

or

The day all documents are received in the UK?

Thanks.

niw2
Member of Standing

Post by niw2 » Tue Oct 21, 2008 9:09 am

...received in the UK?
Why are you sending your Tier 1 application to the UK?

USAapplicant
Newly Registered

Post by USAapplicant » Tue Oct 21, 2008 4:30 pm

niw2 wrote:
...received in the UK?
Why are you sending your Tier 1 application to the UK?
Not sending to the UK...I meant wherever I am directed to send the documents once I complete the VAF9 online. The reason I ask is I am turning 28 in a few days. I figured I would apply online now and send the documents next week depending on my biometric data appointment. That way I can take advantage of the 20 points I get for being under 28.

Thanks.

mjmani

Post by mjmani » Wed Oct 29, 2008 3:25 am

Date of application is the date on which your application is received at the UK Consulate in US
Best regards,
Mani

USAapplicant
Newly Registered

Post by USAapplicant » Fri Oct 31, 2008 3:56 am

The guidelines state that the date of application for applicants outside of the UK will be the date the payment is made or the day the biometric details are taken.

mjmani

Post by mjmani » Fri Oct 31, 2008 4:49 am

When I asked the same question to WorldBridge here is the response I received:
--------------------
Dear Sir or Madam,

Thank you for contacting WorldBridge Service, UKvisas’ commercial partner. We appreciate your patience regarding the response to your enquiry as WorldBridge strives to provide the most accurate responses to all enquiries. Below you will find the response to that enquiry.

To qualify for Tier 1 (General) of the Points Based System you must be able to demonstrate that you have funds to support yourself and any dependants. For the main applicant this is £2,800 with a further £1,600 needed for each dependant accompanying you or planning to join you within 12 months of your arrival in the UK. These amounts must be held in your personal bank account for a minimum period of 3 months for which you must show bank statements/other evidence immediately preceding and dated no more than 7 days prior to the date you submit your application by mail. The balance should not fall below the required minimum at any time during the 3 month period.

Please note that you will not be able to respond to this email. If you have additional questions submit a new enquiry via email free of charge by visiting the WorldBridge website at www.worldbridgeservice.com. When submitting a new enquiry, please reference the case number from this particular email to ensure thorough processing. Note the case number can be found in the subject line of this email, EX: Reply from WorldBridge Services for CaseNumber :00000123.

Thank you again for contacting WorldBridge.

Very sincerely yours,

WorldBridge Service
--------------------
Best regards,
Mani