ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

FLR Tier 1 or Tier 1 General I am confused

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

sreblog

FLR Tier 1 or Tier 1 General I am confused

Post by sreblog » Tue Oct 21, 2008 12:09 pm

Hi ,

Can you one help me on this.My HSMP is going to expire on Nov08, had recieved intial approval letter on Sep 06 i.e before rules changed in Nov06. I am confused whether I need to use FLR tier 1 application or Tier 1 general.

I have already filled Tier 1 General application and was about to apply.In last moment someone suggested me to fill in FLR tier 1.Can I still go ahead with Tier 1 General application.

bani

Post by bani » Tue Oct 21, 2008 12:34 pm

The form you need is called FLR Tier 1 (HSMP). This should appear on both the upper left and upper right corners of page 1 of the form.

vinny

Post by vinny » Tue Oct 21, 2008 12:36 pm

This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

sreblog

Post by sreblog » Tue Oct 21, 2008 1:32 pm

bani wrote:The form you need is called FLR Tier 1 (HSMP). This should appear on both the upper left and upper right corners of page 1 of the form.

Thanks Bani. But , there is a statement as below in Flrtier 1 as following
"
10) You should only use form FLR Tier 1 (HSMP) if you are already in the UK as a participant on the HSMP and fall within the provision of the HSMP High Court Judgment of 8 April 2008 and wish to extend your leave."

I didnt understand what does this mean.

And moreover there is nothing clearly mentioned in FLR Tier 1 (HSMP) form about point claims? (May be I need to write a covering letter to show how i am going to claim points) Please advice.

Regards,
Sreblog

doubletrouble

Post by doubletrouble » Tue Oct 21, 2008 1:59 pm

answer to the first question JR was brought forward on the 8th April 08, as you have approval pre Nov 06 you could use either Tier 1(HSMP) without points or Tier 1 general.

and to answer cecond query, Tier 1 (HSMP) criterias are those that were in place before Nov 06. Thus much easier to get approval- less hassle. You just have to prove you are economically active regardless of points or how much you earn.

If you want to go ahead with Tier 1 General form then you are asking for trouble as you have to gather much more evidence and the processing time is longer

all the best

sreblog

Post by sreblog » Tue Oct 21, 2008 3:35 pm

doubletrouble wrote:answer to the first question JR was brought forward on the 8th April 08, as you have approval pre Nov 06 you could use either Tier 1(HSMP) without points or Tier 1 general.

and to answer cecond query, Tier 1 (HSMP) criterias are those that were in place before Nov 06. Thus much easier to get approval- less hassle. You just have to prove you are economically active regardless of points or how much you earn.

If you want to go ahead with Tier 1 General form then you are asking for trouble as you have to gather much more evidence and the processing time is longer

all the best

Thanks , its more clear now for me. I will go on FLR Tier 1.