ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Comprehensive Sickness Insurance

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

SSTS
Newly Registered
Iceland

Comprehensive Sickness Insurence

Post by SSTS » Sun Sep 26, 2021 10:34 am

Good morning, I have a question. I have never had CSI, I came to the UK in 2016 I have been studying for 2 years since I was 15 years old when I came and I could not work at that age for the two years I have been financed and supported by parents, my father has been here many more years than me he has been in the U.K. since 2013. Last week I sent my application to Home Office but I did not add anything from my father. Do you think my application will be rejected for not having CSI while I was underage and living with my parents?

——————————————

This is the question that came up on the form: If you have spent time in the UK as a student or as a self-sufficient person, did you have comprehensive health insurance (CSI) to cover that period?

My answer: NO

If you have answered yes, please attach a copy of your health insurance policy when Submit your request. If you answered NO, please explain in the box below why you did not have CSI during this time.

My answer was: “I did not have Comprehensive Health Insurance (CSI) because when I arrived in the UK I was 15 years old and I was and still am a dependent child of my parents. My father has been in the UK since 2013. As part of his family, the member is not required to have CSI. Because as I have said before, I continue to be a dependent child of my parents until I am 21 years old and right now I am 20 years old ”.

Do you think I have done well? I am very nervous and anxious I don't want to lose £ 1,330.00 on this.

SSTS
Newly Registered
Iceland

Post by SSTS » Sun Sep 26, 2021 11:41 am

Last edited by SSTS on Sun Sep 26, 2021 11:46 am, edited 1 time in total.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Comprehensive Sickness Insurence

Post by CR001 » Sun Sep 26, 2021 11:44 am

SSTS wrote:
Sun Sep 26, 2021 11:41 am
I need someone opinion no advice. I would appreciate someone's opinion on what I have post.
It is a Sunday!! We are all unpaid volunteers here, with all our own family and work commitments.

When someone is online and is willing or able to offer advice, I am sure they will.

Bumping your post after one hour expecting an immediate response turns members off from commenting.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

SSTS
Newly Registered
Iceland

Post by SSTS » Sun Sep 26, 2021 11:51 am

CR001 wrote:
Sun Sep 26, 2021 11:44 am
SSTS wrote:
Sun Sep 26, 2021 11:41 am
I need someone opinion no advice. I would appreciate someone's opinion on what I have post.
It is a Sunday!! We are all unpaid volunteers here, with all our own family and work commitments.

When someone is online and is willing or able to offer advice, I am sure they will.

Bumping your post after one hour expecting an immediate response turns members off from commenting.
Thanks for your answer, can you delete my two posts? I feel a bit exposed with my questions and the dates that I have put, I feel that this may affect my application.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sun Sep 26, 2021 12:04 pm

Posts are not deleted.

The forum is not linked or associated to UKVI in any way.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

alterhase58
Germany

Post by alterhase58 » Sun Sep 26, 2021 2:25 pm

SSTS wrote:
Sun Sep 26, 2021 10:34 am
Good morning, I have a question. I have never had CSI, I came to the UK in 2016 I have been studying for 2 years since I was 15 years old when I came and I could not work at that age for the two years I have been financed and supported by parents, my father has been here many more years than me he has been in the U.K. since 2013. Last week I sent my application to Home Office but I did not add anything from my father. Do you think my application will be rejected for not having CSI while I was underage and living with my parents?

——————————————

This is the question that came up on the form: If you have spent time in the UK as a student or as a self-sufficient person, did you have comprehensive health insurance (CSI) to cover that period?

If you have answered yes, please attach a copy of your health insurance policy when Submit your request. If you answered NO, please explain in the box below why you did not have CSI during this time.

My answer was: “I did not have Comprehensive Health Insurance (CSI) because when I arrived in the UK I was 15 years old and I was and still am a dependent child of my parents. My father has been in the UK since 2013. As part of his family, the member is not required to have CSI. Because as I have said before, I continue to be a dependent child of my parents until I am 21 years old and right now I am 20 years old ”.

Do you think I have done well? I am very nervous and anxious I don't want to lose £ 1,330.00 on this.
Naturalisation is for adults (i.e. over 18s). There is no dependency concept in the naturalisation process, and under the law you are an adult.
As a child you could not have exercised treaty rights as "Student" or "self-sufficient" for which CSI would have been required.
So far there have been no reports here or elsewhere that applicants have been refused due to CSI issues alone. However, there have been some reports from applicants without CSI that they were approved. Generally there are only very few issues on which an application would be refused outright.
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.
Please do not send me private messages asking for advice.

SSTS
Newly Registered
Iceland

Post by SSTS » Sun Sep 26, 2021 2:43 pm

alterhase58 wrote:
Sun Sep 26, 2021 2:25 pm
SSTS wrote:
Sun Sep 26, 2021 10:34 am

——————————————

Naturalisation is for adults (i.e. over 18s). There is no dependency concept in the naturalisation process, and under the law you are an adult.
As a child you could not have exercised treaty rights as "Student" or "self-sufficient" for which CSI would have been required.
So far there have been no reports here or elsewhere that applicants have been refused due to CSI issues alone. However, there have been some reports from applicants without CSI that they were approved. Generally there are only very few issues on which an application would be refused outright.
Thank you very much for answering my question, I appreciate it.

From what I understood, I didn't need to have CSI when I was underage, it is only required when you are over 18 and have come to the U.K. just to study or as self-sufficient, right?

I already sent the form, I can not do anything to change the words that I have put on the CSI box, do you think that what I have put in my form can affect my application?

I know that I have made everything else perfect and I think I will not have any problems.

alterhase58
Germany

Post by alterhase58 » Sun Sep 26, 2021 2:55 pm

On the face of it it's difficult to see an issue with your wording. The main thing is you have explained your situation. As was said above we have no connection to UKVI.
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.

SSTS
Newly Registered
Iceland

Comprehensive Sickness Insurance

Post by SSTS » Mon Dec 13, 2021 12:03 pm

Hi everyone, I have a question.

If I have been living with my parents since I was born and I am now 20 years old, do I need to have Comprehensive Sickness Insurance (CSI)? I never had CSI in my life and it is a requirement that they ask me in the naturalisation form, right now I am studying at university and I have been a student all my life since I did my GCSEs and A-levels in the U.K., but I was not born in the U.K and I came to the U.K. 6 years ago. I have an EU passport and settled status also known as Indefinite leave to remain in the U.K.

Thank you

alterhase58
Germany

Re: Comprehensive Sickness Insurance

Post by alterhase58 » Mon Dec 13, 2021 10:46 pm

You asked about this previously which was answered. Do you need further clarification.

SSTS
Newly Registered
Iceland

Post by SSTS » Mon Dec 13, 2021 11:02 pm

alterhase58 wrote:
Mon Dec 13, 2021 10:46 pm
You asked about this previously which was answered. Do you need further clarification.
Thanks for answering, I need more clarification. Why I don’t need CSI if I have been a student all my life and as I said above I have an EU passport and settled status and one of the requirements is to have CSI.

I just need an explanation of why I don't need CSI.

vinny

Post by vinny » Tue Dec 14, 2021 4:24 am

If your parent(s) didn’t require CSI for PR, then, as a family member, neither did you.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.