ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Spouse Visa application Marriage certificate help?

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

HSBilling
United Kingdom

Spouse Visa application Marriage certificate help?

Post by HSBilling » Tue Sep 28, 2021 1:39 pm

Hi,
I was married in india last year 23 Feb 2020, my wife registered the marriage on 06 July 2021 this year under special marriage act. Everything is ok including date of birth, apart from the age which is incorrect. Will this be ok for the application?

Furthermore, How does the special marriage act work? Last year I was married in a temple, but could not register it in time due to the coronavirus situation.

Theunknownusername
Wales

Re: Spouse Visa application Marriage certificate help?

Post by Theunknownusername » Tue Sep 28, 2021 3:36 pm

HSBilling wrote:
Tue Sep 28, 2021 1:39 pm
Hi,
I was married in india last year 23 Feb 2020, my wife registered the marriage on 06 July 2021 this year under special marriage act. Everything is ok including date of birth, apart from the age which is incorrect. Will this be ok for the application?

Furthermore, How does the special marriage act work? Last year I was married in a temple, but could not register it in time due to the coronavirus situation.
Explain everything regarding your marriage in a cover letter. I would probably just ignore the incorrect age, a common issue with marriages registered abroad. If the correct date of birth is on the certificate then I don't imagine any issue as HO should be able to logically see there is a mistake. Make sure everything else reflects the correct birth date and you will be fine.

HSBilling
United Kingdom

Re: Spouse Visa application Marriage certificate help?

Post by HSBilling » Tue Sep 28, 2021 7:17 pm

Theunknownusername wrote:
Tue Sep 28, 2021 3:36 pm
HSBilling wrote:
Tue Sep 28, 2021 1:39 pm
Hi,

Explain everything regarding your marriage in a cover letter. I would probably just ignore the incorrect age, a common issue with marriages registered abroad. If the correct date of birth is on the certificate then I don't imagine any issue as HO should be able to logically see there is a mistake. Make sure everything else reflects the correct birth date and you will be fine.
Thank you, this helps!