ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

child british citizenship - referee

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

happypie

child british citizenship - referee

Post by happypie » Tue Sep 28, 2021 8:23 pm

Hi,
I am in process of applying british citizenship for my child.
I have filled application form and have biometric in 2 weeks time.
I filled two of my friends as referees - both are british nationals and software professionals, working in well respected companies.

However on referee form, it says -

For a child application one referee should be someone who has engaged with the child in a professional capacity, such as a doctor, teacher, health visitor, social worker or minister of religion. The other referee must be the holder of a British citizen passport, and either a professional person or over the age of 25.

Now none of my friend has really engaged with my child in a professional capacity as such. What can I do now?
Please help.

Thanks.

happypie

Re: child british citizenship - referee

Post by happypie » Tue Sep 28, 2021 8:31 pm

also as far as i remember, they didn't mention this clearly in the online form. there it was just mentioed that provide 2 referees details with few rules like they shouldn't be relative, they should know applicant etc.
i am not 100% certain about it though.

happypie

Re: child british citizenship - referee

Post by happypie » Wed Sep 29, 2021 10:50 pm

any help on this will be appreciated.
i have biometric soon. i am confused so much. should i cancel this application and fill new one with a teacher as referee? or just continue with it?
cheers.