ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Family British Nationality

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

shahid77
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Family British Nationality

Post by shahid77 » Wed Sep 29, 2021 11:36 pm

Hi All,

My Family (Wife & Son) received their ILR visa in May 2021, but their previous visa expired in October 2020 and we applied for ILR in second week of October 2020, it took about 7 months for decision.

I am wondering will my family be entitled of naturalization in October 2021 or in May 2022? Issuance date on their ILR is May 2021.

Regards
SH

secret.simon

Re: Family British Nationality

Post by secret.simon » Thu Sep 30, 2021 12:57 am

If you are a British citizen, they can apply now (as there is no one year after ILR requirement for spouses of British citizens).

If you are not a British citizen, they need to wait until one year after the grant of ILR, so May 2022.

Making an in-time application for ILR extends their pre-existing leave. So from October 2020 to May 2021, they would still have been on whatever visa they had before that. They only got ILR status when that was granted to them by the Home Office in May 2021.
I am not a lawyer or immigration advisor. My statements/comments do not constitute legal advice. E&OE. Please do not PM me for advice.

shahid77
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Re: Family British Nationality

Post by shahid77 » Thu Sep 30, 2021 9:41 am

Thanks a lot