ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Police statement

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

xtlvx
Newly Registered

Police statement

Post by xtlvx » Tue Oct 21, 2008 11:00 am

Hi all,

When applying under Tier 1 (Gen) should I provide a police statement for not having any criminal records?

I didn't saw such requirement in the policy guide, but I have doubt about it anyway..

Thanks

saurabh_gyl

Re: Police statement

Post by saurabh_gyl » Tue Oct 21, 2008 12:45 pm

xtlvx wrote:Hi all,

When applying under Tier 1 (Gen) should I provide a police statement for not having any criminal records?

I didn't saw such requirement in the policy guide, but I have doubt about it anyway..

Thanks
You dont need any such statement.
Regards,
Saurabh

niw2
Member of Standing

Post by niw2 » Tue Oct 21, 2008 9:05 pm

They will obtain one anyway. You are only recommended to provide it if, in your application form, you indicate that you have one or more previous convictions.

need_a_tier1

Post by need_a_tier1 » Tue Oct 21, 2008 9:24 pm

niw2 wrote:They will obtain one anyway. You are only recommended to provide it if, in your application form, you indicate that you have one or more previous convictions.
What if someone has a formal "police caution". I was given a police caution for a minor incident a few months back, which people tell me is a serious thing but not as serious as having a criminal conviction.

xtlvx
Newly Registered

Post by xtlvx » Tue Oct 21, 2008 9:30 pm

<quote="niw2">They will obtain one anyway.</quote>

What did you mean? How will they obtain one?

need_a_tier1

Post by need_a_tier1 » Tue Oct 21, 2008 9:48 pm

xtlvx wrote:<quote="niw2">They will obtain one anyway.</quote>

They will do a CRB check. 8)

niw2
Member of Standing

Post by niw2 » Wed Oct 22, 2008 1:07 am

They will do a CRB check.
Correct. The Tier 1 application form includes a consent to disclosure of information section on the signature page. This entitles the immigration authorities to conduct background checks (eg. obtaining a copy of an applicant's criminal record) while processing applicants' visa applications.
What if someone has a formal "police caution".
A caution is not a conviction so you do not need to declare it. The only other point of importance (for North American readers in particular) is that the term 'criminal conviction' includes both misdemeanor and felony offences (in the US they distinguish between the two types of offences).