ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

No Decision Letter Given

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Theunknownusername
Wales

No Decision Letter Given

Post by Theunknownusername » Thu Sep 30, 2021 2:25 pm

My wife just received her passport today and was granted her visa to enter UK as a partner.

My question is, she was not given a decision letter. I did tell her to make sure she gets it but the VFS office (Lahore) said they no longer issue these.

I just wanted to see if anyone else has had a similar experience? Does my wife need this letter to get into the country?

Many thanks.

AmazonianX
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Re: No Decision Letter Given

Post by AmazonianX » Fri Oct 01, 2021 5:35 am

Theunknownusername wrote:
Thu Sep 30, 2021 2:25 pm
My wife just received her passport today and was granted her visa to enter UK as a partner.

My question is, she was not given a decision letter. I did tell her to make sure she gets it but the VFS office (Lahore) said they no longer issue these.

I just wanted to see if anyone else has had a similar experience? Does my wife need this letter to get into the country?

Many thanks.

A thought...if the letter is said to be no longer provided, the visa has got reference number and details held by HO which can be cross verified at point of entry.

London507986
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by London507986 » Fri Oct 01, 2021 9:38 am

Many thanks.
Hi,
Congratulations for the visa. You don't need decision letter, you may have received email from BRP PRODUCTION unit which u should keep with your passport which shows your legal status in the UK. We are waiting for VFS response as we guess our decisions are done. We received email on 28/09 from UKVI which says our BRP cards production is delayed but email confims our we have legal status in the UK. Did your wife recieved any email or text from VFS for collection of passport or she just walked in?

Theunknownusername
Wales

Post by Theunknownusername » Sat Oct 02, 2021 12:15 pm

London507986 wrote:
Fri Oct 01, 2021 9:38 am

Many thanks.
Hi,
Congratulations for the visa. You don't need decision letter, you may have received email from BRP PRODUCTION unit which u should keep with your passport which shows your legal status in the UK. We are waiting for VFS response as we guess our decisions are done. We received email on 28/09 from UKVI which says our BRP cards production is delayed but email confims our we have legal status in the UK. Did your wife recieved any email or text from VFS for collection of passport or she just walked in?
I've been following your application and unfortunately yes, she did get an email and a call to go and collect her passport. She received the BRP delayed email a little later on the same day however.

Theunknownusername
Wales

Post by Theunknownusername » Sat Oct 02, 2021 12:16 pm

AmazonianX wrote:
Fri Oct 01, 2021 5:35 am

Many thanks.

A thought...if the letter is said to be no longer provided, the visa has got reference number and details held by HO which can be cross verified at point of entry.
I know logically I should trust what VFS have stated but it's Lahore and my experience in general there is they will do whatever they want to do. I was just hoping that others are having the same experience otherwise I was going to attempt to get her decision letter through a subject access request to the HO.

It sounds like I won't need to though!

TODMATT
Diamond Member
United Kingdom

Post by TODMATT » Sat Oct 02, 2021 8:03 pm

Many thanks.
Some applicant do get letter while some don't but just make sure you have been given the correct endorsement and if the BRP has a mistake then report it asap you have picked it up.
My opinions should not be constituted as an immigration or legal advice.