ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

HSMP Extention & Judicial Review

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Rashu
Newly Registered

HSMP Extention & Judicial Review

Post by Rashu » Sat Oct 18, 2008 10:33 pm

Hi, Can some body help me with this. I got my HSMP Visa according to old point scheme where 65 points were required. I applied in Oct 2006 but got my approval letter on 17th Nov. Though it was according the requirement in place before 7 Nov but the approval letter i received from HO on 17 Nov. Will i be benifited with the judicial review judjment or i will apply my extention according the new rules in place from 5th Dec 2006. Many thanks for help

nikhil

Post by nikhil » Mon Oct 20, 2008 9:54 pm

It would depend on the date on your approval letter I think. Best would be to call Home Office and talk to them

doubletrouble

Post by doubletrouble » Tue Oct 21, 2008 2:04 pm

yes you would be eligible as nikhil says double check with the home office

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Tue Oct 21, 2008 11:54 pm

Rashu wrote:I got my HSMP Visa according to old point scheme where 65 points were required.
Then why are you (still)unsure?
Rashu wrote:I applied in Oct 2006 but got my approval letter on 17th Nov.
Doesn't matter if your approval is dated 17th November 2006! You are covered by the JR.

regards
Life isn't fair, but you can be!

Rashu
Newly Registered

Judicial Review

Post by Rashu » Thu Oct 23, 2008 11:56 pm

Thanks for your advise Nikhil. I called home office today and as sushdmehta said regardless the date i received approval letter and got visa stamped as long as the HSMP was applied according to old rule, i am affected by JR. And i can apply my extention according to old rules.

neel
Newly Registered

Post by neel » Sun Oct 26, 2008 10:37 am

Hi All,

I am planning to apply for FLR in early december, as my current stay is expiring early Feb,2009. I have few doubts on this. Any help on this is highly appreciated.

1) Do I need to fill seperate application for dependent (Spouse ) or my application itself is sufficient ?

2) Can I apply for FLR under JR ruling, as my original HSMP approval was in Aug.2006 even though my EC approval was dated in early Feb.2007 ? . Though I seem to be getting enough points as per the latest PBS, I am planning to apply with JR ruling as I have not written IELTS.

Many thanks for your help.
Neel