ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Applying for the Naturalisation

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

hp2
United Kingdom

Applying for the Naturalisation

Post by hp2 » Sun Oct 03, 2021 11:24 am

I am asking for my spouse:

My partner has got his ILR in Jan 2019.

We are looking for applying for his naturalisation, we were abroad last year from November 2020 till June 2021.

Shall we apply for naturalisation? or does he has to be in the UK for 1 year in a row in order to apply for it?

Thanks in advance!

alterhase58
Germany

Re: Applying for the Naturalisation

Post by alterhase58 » Sun Oct 03, 2021 11:40 am

There is no rule that one has "to be in the UK for 1 year in a row".
In terms of absences you are normally allowed 90 days in the 12 months preceding the application date. So currently you are in excess of this rule. It may be advisable to wait a few months to bring down the number to or very near the 90 days.
Please refer to the AN guidance: https://www.gov.uk/government/publicati ... n-guidance
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.
Please do not send me private messages asking for advice.

hp2
United Kingdom

Post by hp2 » Sun Oct 03, 2021 11:55 am

alterhase58 wrote:
Sun Oct 03, 2021 11:40 am
There is no rule that one has "to be in the UK for 1 year in a row".
In terms of absences you are normally allowed 90 days in the 12 months preceding the application date. So currently you are in excess of this rule. It may be advisable to wait a few months to bring down the number to or very near the 90 days.
Please refer to the AN guidance: https://www.gov.uk/government/publicati ... n-guidance
Thank you for your reply!

So, Shall I apply near to April 2022? would that be fine to apply or should I wait to apply Next year November 2022 where I went abroad in November 2021?

alterhase58
Germany

Post by alterhase58 » Sun Oct 03, 2021 12:16 pm

April 2022 looks sensible, unless you have further absences in the meantime.
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.
Please do not send me private messages asking for advice.

hp2
United Kingdom

Post by hp2 » Sun Oct 03, 2021 1:00 pm

OK!!
Is there any exception on the COVID during the times? If I had to apply earlier - say, shall we write a cover letter that got stuck during the COVID times?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sun Oct 03, 2021 1:04 pm

hp2 wrote:
Sun Oct 03, 2021 1:00 pm
OK!!
Is there any exception on the COVID during the times? If I had to apply earlier - say, shall we write a cover letter that got stuck during the COVID times?
No, not really. You left a long time after the main lockdown in the height of the pandemic and the time you were away, there were still flights coming to the UK and you could have travelled back.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

hp2
United Kingdom

Post by hp2 » Sun Oct 03, 2021 2:40 pm

CR001 wrote:
Sun Oct 03, 2021 1:04 pm
hp2 wrote:
Sun Oct 03, 2021 1:00 pm
OK!!
No, not really. You left a long time after the main lockdown in the height of the pandemic and the time you were away, there were still flights coming to the UK and you could have travelled back.
Right, so when shall I apply then - I will stick to it!
Originally we went by Nov 2020 came back by June 2021.

WIll be much appreciated for the clarification.

ps: we may travel abroad again for a month or 2 in May 2021.

Kindly give us the right advice on when to apply? so can avoid unnecessary refusals.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sun Oct 03, 2021 3:06 pm

Apply when the absence in the final 12 months immediately preceding application date is 90 days or less. It isn't a difficult calculation to make.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.