ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Unmarried partner - Tier 1

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

xtlvx
Newly Registered

Unmarried partner - Tier 1

Post by xtlvx » Sun Oct 05, 2008 11:24 am

Hi all,

My spouse and me are not married.
I am planning to apply for Tier 1 visa, with my spouse as an unmarried dependent.

Which evidences should I supply? how much distinct evidence documents? and for how long?

Thanks in advance,

xtlvx
Newly Registered

Post by xtlvx » Sat Oct 18, 2008 5:49 pm

anyone?

niw2
Member of Standing

Post by niw2 » Sat Oct 18, 2008 10:17 pm

Have you taken the time to search the forum and read your local BHC website before posting this question? Be honest, now.

The NZ BHC website provides the following:
Here are some examples of the documentary evidence we need to see. This list is not exhaustive.

birth certificates of children from the relationship
joint ownership of property and pocessions
joint/tenancy/lease agreements
joint responsibility for bills, utilities etc.
hire purchase
last will and testament
insurance – health or property
photos i.e. commitment ceremony, holidays, etc.
letters (postmarked)
habitation index
invitations addresses to the couple
joint memberships
next of kin – doctor, employer

Statutory Declarations from friends or family will not be accepted. We also need to see more than one kind of evidence from the list above to demonstrate that the relationship is in fact genuine.

vinny

Post by vinny » Sun Oct 19, 2008 2:17 am

This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

xtlvx
Newly Registered

Post by xtlvx » Mon Oct 20, 2008 10:52 am

Thanks for your answers guys!
I'm new here, so I'm apologize if I repeated questions already asked.

I didn't find how much evidences should I provide to show unmarried partner relationship, can anyone help? Do two evidences are sufficient?

Appreciate your replies.

Thanks

niw2
Member of Standing

Post by niw2 » Mon Oct 20, 2008 9:40 pm

The answer is: Provide as much relevant evidence as possible. Bear in mind that, if they arent convinced, your dependent's application will be denied.

xtlvx
Newly Registered

Post by xtlvx » Tue Oct 21, 2008 7:36 pm

Thanks niw2!

One more question regarding this situation.....
We are considering getting married soon (before applying to tier 1), Is this make things easier?

I mean, if we'll get married, let's say, 1-2 months before applying to Tier 1, will we have to provide evidences to show we are in relation for more than 2 years, or marriage is sufficient?

niw2
Member of Standing

Post by niw2 » Tue Oct 21, 2008 9:10 pm

It will make it easier to prove you are in a genuine relationship but you will still need to satisfy the caseworker that your relationship is genuine. Thus, you will need to provide evidence of your relationship prior to marriage.

xtlvx
Newly Registered

Post by xtlvx » Tue Oct 21, 2008 9:37 pm

Thanks again niw2

So, from what you said, if a couple are in a marriage relationship they still need to prove they are in a relationship for 2 years anyway, right?

niw2
Member of Standing

Post by niw2 » Wed Oct 22, 2008 1:03 am

Im not sure that you need to prove you have been together for exactly 2 years, but you will need to prove that you have not simply married for the convenience of obtaining a dependent's visa, and intend to remain together once you arrive in the UK. In other words, you will need to prove that the relationship is genuine and ongoing.