ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

PLEASE HELP DAYS AWAY FROM APPLYING

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

lukeanddeanna
Newly Registered

PLEASE HELP DAYS AWAY FROM APPLYING

Post by lukeanddeanna » Wed Oct 22, 2008 3:23 am

My fiance and I are VERY nervous about our financial evidence. We are applying for a UK fiance visa.

We are still at a young age. I am 18 and am finishing up my last few high school credits. I don't have much at all in my savings and do not have a job at the moment as I am planning to go to the United Kingdom if granted this visa. Also, I have NO bills eg. credit cards, loans, rent, phone bills.

My fiance just got a full time contract with a job and can put forth a letter from his employer stating his contract. He is able to prove the £100 pound a month rule. He has about £3,000 pounds in his savings.

Please, is this good enough because I have read about people having 10,000 dollars and above in their savings.

What can I do to show that I am not hard to support as I have no bills in the US or anywhere else. What can we do to show we are financially stable and will be after the Fiance visa?

Thank you to all who took the time to read this and help.

you can reach me on my e-mail Deeogee7@hotmail.com

Luke and Deanna

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Wed Oct 22, 2008 9:59 am

The '£100 rule' (actually £94.95) is for one week (not one month)for 2 people after all utility bills, rent or mortgage and council tax have been deducted.
Bear in mind that by December the minimum age limit for spouse and fiance visas will have risen to 21. This implies that the new regulation could be in place at any time up to December.

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Post by Wanderer » Wed Oct 22, 2008 1:36 pm

You also need to prove you have suitable accommodation that's not overcrowded.

Potentially a daft question but have you actually physically met? It's a condition of the fiancée visa....
An chéad stad eile Stáisiún Uí Chonghaile....

jei2
Member of Standing

Post by jei2 » Wed Oct 22, 2008 3:13 pm

Wanderer wrote:You also need to prove you have suitable accommodation that's not overcrowded.

Potentially a daft question but have you actually physically met? It's a condition of the fiancée visa....
lukeanddeanna,

It helps if you post in one place to avoid repetition and confusion. Saves time and you willl get a clearer picture.

Think you said elsewhere that at least one of you has visited the other a few times already?
Oh, the drama...!

lukeanddeanna
Newly Registered

Post by lukeanddeanna » Wed Oct 22, 2008 4:55 pm

Casa wrote:The '£100 rule' (actually £94.95) is for one week (not one month)for 2 people after all utility bills, rent or mortgage and council tax have been deducted.
Bear in mind that by December the minimum age limit for spouse and fiance visas will have risen to 21. This implies that the new regulation could be in place at any time up to December.
Yes sorry. I meant a week. he is able to support us on that rule after all bills payed.

We are in a rush to do this befor the change ofthe visa so this is why I need advice as soon as possible.

Also, with being in a rush and I being a full time online student and having no bills will it look bad if I do not have a job.

What do you think about our financial situation?

Thank you.

lukeanddeanna
Newly Registered

Post by lukeanddeanna » Wed Oct 22, 2008 4:56 pm

jei2 wrote:
Wanderer wrote:You also need to prove you have suitable accommodation that's not overcrowded.

lukeanddeanna,

It helps if you post in one place to avoid repetition and confusion. Saves time and you willl get a clearer picture.

Think you said elsewhere that at least one of you has visited the other a few times already?

Yes, I didn't mean to post it in family so I reposted it in just immigration in general. Then, I couldn't find out how to delete the other one. Sorry.

lukeanddeanna
Newly Registered

Post by lukeanddeanna » Wed Oct 22, 2008 4:59 pm

Yes, we have met many times in person. In total I have spend 4 and 1/2 months over there with him and he has spent 7 months over here with me in total.

He has supported us financially during that whole time.