ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

2nd Visa Extension - Original or Copies of Documents Required?

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Johnc81
Newly Registered
Mood:
United Kingdom

2nd Visa Extension - Original or Copies of Documents Required?

Post by Johnc81 » Mon Oct 04, 2021 1:10 pm

Hello,

My wife is in the process of gathering the documentation for her 2nd visa extension.

I cannot remember if we need to provide originals / certified copies or just a scanned copy of the following:
  • Language Test Certificate
  • Spouse (sponsor) Birth Certificate & Passport
  • Marriage Certificate
  • Children's Birth Certificate
  • Spouse Bank Statements
  • Payslips
I should remember, but I usually spend visa renewal time in a permanent panic attack, so everything is just a haze :(

Secondly, I have a vague recollection that all documents need to be uploaded in black & white, not colour? Did I remember that correctly? I seem to remember having to rescan about 600 pages of utility bills at 1am!

Many Thanks,

John

AmazonianX
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Re: 2nd Visa Extension - Original or Copies of Documents Required?

Post by AmazonianX » Mon Oct 04, 2021 4:59 pm

Johnc81 wrote:
Mon Oct 04, 2021 1:10 pm
Hello,

My wife is in the process of gathering the documentation for her 2nd visa extension.

I cannot remember if we need to provide originals / certified copies or just a scanned copy of the following: scanned copies to be uploaded in acceptable format.
  • Language Test Certificate
  • Spouse (sponsor) Birth Certificate & Passport
  • Marriage Certificate
  • Children's Birth Certificate
  • Spouse Bank Statements
  • Payslips
I should remember, but I usually spend visa renewal time in a permanent panic attack, so everything is just a haze :(

Secondly, I have a vague recollection that all documents need to be uploaded in black & white, not colour? Either B & W or colour, keep it to the acceptable or uploadable size Did I remember that correctly? I seem to remember having to rescan about 600 pages of utility bills at 1am!

Many Thanks,

John

Johnc81
Newly Registered
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Johnc81 » Tue Oct 05, 2021 5:01 pm

Hi,

Thank you very much for your reply. I am so happy scanned copies are fine, I didn't fancy standing in the bank for several hours whilst they stamped several hundred pages :D

Many Thanks,

John

Johnc81
Newly Registered
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Johnc81 » Mon Nov 01, 2021 1:13 pm

Hello,

My wife is currently applying for her 2nd spouse visa extension (year 5 of 10 year route) and we have an appointment at the beginning of November.

We have scanned and uploaded all documents ourselves, so are wondering what we need to take to the appointment?

The Gov.uk application checklist states: "Providing your documents - You must provide your documents after you submit your application, these can be originals or copies. Any passports provided must be originals."

The appointment confirmation email we received from UKVCAS states: "All your supporting documents. You do not need to bring these if you have already uploaded copies online."

We are unclear if my wife needs to submit her passport when she goes to the appointment? Also, since my passport was requested as part of the "Proof of Identity" section, do I need to submit mine as well? We also scanned the children's passports as proof of their citizenship, so would we need to submit them as well?

Finally, I know previously we have had to submit the Biometric Residence Permit as well, but again, not sure if this is still the case?

Just really need some clarification about what exactly we need to submit on the appointment day, if anything.

Many Thanks,

John

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by zimba » Mon Nov 01, 2021 3:05 pm

No physical documents will be taken at all. You should have those documents at hand if necessary for a rescan. ONLY digital scans will be submitted
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice