ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EUSS Family permit for parents in India: dependency

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

mkdr
India

EUSS Family permit for parents in India: dependency

Post by mkdr » Tue Oct 05, 2021 2:38 am

Hi, I'm an EU citizen living in UK for last 3 years with pre-settled status. I want to bring my parents to UK on EUSS family permit. Can anyone please help me with 'dependency' clause? I can show that, they need medical help but not able to show bank statements. Is it absolutely necessary to financial dependency? I read somewhere that, dependency is assumed and not necessary to prove. Please help.

manci
Respected Guru

Re: EUSS Family permit for parents in India: dependency

Post by manci » Tue Oct 05, 2021 6:10 pm

mkdr wrote:
Tue Oct 05, 2021 2:38 am
Can anyone please help me with 'dependency' clause?
From the immigration rules Appendix EU (Family permit), Annex 1, Definitions:
https://www.gov.uk/guidance/immigration ... ily-permit

dependent’ means here that:
(a) having regard to their financial and social conditions, or health, the applicant cannot meet their essential living needs (in whole or in part) without the financial or other material support of the relevant EEA citizen (or, as the case may be, of the qualifying British citizen) or of their spouse or civil partner; and
(b) such support is being provided to the applicant by the relevant EEA citizen (or, as the case may be, by the qualifying British citizen) or by their spouse or civil partner; and
(c) there is no need to determine the reasons for that dependence or for the recourse to that support
Personal opinion, not professional or legal advice