ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Uk Visit Visa

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

yomishu
Mood:
India

Re: Uk Visit Visa

Post by yomishu » Fri Oct 08, 2021 8:10 am

Charu79 wrote:
Thu Oct 07, 2021 1:31 pm
Hello @shamshi223

I got the response as below today..

Thank you for your email.

Kindly note, your application is still under process. While we try to process applications within 15 working days, there are instances where this is not possible. You will be notified once a decision has been made and dispatched via email in due course.

shamshi223 wrote:
Tue Oct 05, 2021 6:31 pm
Np at all. When did you send the paid email? They took 6 days to respond to my email.
Charu79 wrote:
Tue Oct 05, 2021 5:33 pm
Thanks a lot for your prompt response @shamshi223

We have also sent an email using paid service and awaiting response..Will update you once I get any reply back from them
shamshi223 wrote:
Tue Oct 05, 2021 10:08 am
Nope nothing yet :( I had escalated visa paid email last week and they replied with this yesterday:

We advertise extensively that it can take up to 15 days to consider standard applications. There are however instances where further information is required which will invariably take us over the advertised consideration period. We are presently awaiting further information and will proceed to make a decision on your application as soon as practicable after this is received.

We haven't got any email asking for additional information, so absolutely no idea what they are waiting for :cry: Have you guys tried to reach VFS or Home office yet?
Charu79 wrote:
Mon Oct 04, 2021 9:41 pm
Hello @shamshi223

No...we haven't heard anything on my BIL Visa yet..How about you??did you hear anything back yet??

shamshi223 wrote:
Mon Oct 04, 2021 12:13 pm
Hello @Charu79,

Hope you are doing well! Have you heard anything on your BIL visa yet?

Thanks

Hi Charu

Could you please let me know the email id which you have send email to asking about your visit visa application, since i want to send email as well to find out the status of my parents visa

yomishu
Mood:
India

Post by yomishu » Fri Oct 08, 2021 8:27 am

shamshi223 wrote:
Thu Oct 07, 2021 9:58 am
Hi,

Yes it is the first time I am getting it done for my parents. One of my friend's mother has visited twice to UK so far and they are still waiting too - they did their biometrics on 30th Aug. So absolutely no idea with what's happening in Home Office this time.

yomishu wrote:
Wed Oct 06, 2021 11:39 am
shamshi223 wrote:
Wed Oct 06, 2021 11:06 am
Hi,

This is what i got. looks like for some reason it went to New Delhi as i got an email from nedelvisainfo@fcdo.gov.uk

Thank you for your UK visa application which has been received and is under consideration. We aim to process applications:

Non-settlement within 15 working days
Priority Visas within 5 working days
Settlement within 60 working days.

Unfortunately, we will not be able to make a decision on your visa application within these service standards because we require further information to fully assess your application. We will contact you should we require any additional information from you.

Please be assured that we will continue to progress your application to enable a decision to be made as soon as possible. We will notify you by email once a decision has been made.

I wrote a paid email to home office and they responded with below:

We advertise extensively that it can take up to 15 days to consider standard applications. There are however instances where further information is required which will invariably take us over the advertised consideration period. We are presently awaiting further information and will proceed to make a decision on your application as soon as practicable after this is received.

They haven't asked for any further information from us though and it's so confusing now on what additional information they are waiting for :( So looks like it's just a waiting game.

Thanks
yomishu wrote:
Wed Oct 06, 2021 9:40 am
shamshi223 wrote:
Wed Oct 06, 2021 9:16 am
Hello,

It's not definite they are taking 30 days. My parents had their biometrics on 4th Sep in Bangalore and we got a delay email on 29th Sep. So not entirely sure how long it is going to take.
yomishu wrote:
Wed Oct 06, 2021 7:46 am
Hi All

I have applied for UK visit visa for my parents coming from India to UK on 1st September 2021 and they had the biometrics on 21st September 2021 at Cochin ,Kerala, India

VFS said it will take 3 weeks to get the visa but I have heard its taking more then 30 working days or so

I was wondering if anyone applied form south India or cochin recently and how long did it take to get the UK visit Visa . Please do let me know if you have any information or so
Hi

Could you please let me know what they mentioned in the delay email? Is there a way to contact the centre to find out the status of the visa since i think Bangalore /cochin visa application go to Chennai to get processed?
Thanks for the detailed reply

Just wanted to know if this is the first time your applying for your parents for uk visit visa , if not did you get this type email before? .

The reason why im asking this is because my parents have come to UK before (stayed for a month) and i expected that the visa process for the same person whose applying the second time would be quicker since they didnt break any rules
ok i have friend who applied on 24th August and he got the visa by 30th September so its taking more then 30 days for now. So i think your friend would have got the visa by now .

Could you please provide me the email address you used to send the email regarding your visa?

shamshi223
Newly Registered
India

Post by shamshi223 » Fri Oct 08, 2021 9:25 am

hi,

please follow the link below:

https://www.gov.uk/contact-ukvi-inside-outside-uk

thanks
yomishu wrote:
Fri Oct 08, 2021 8:27 am
shamshi223 wrote:
Thu Oct 07, 2021 9:58 am
Hi,

Yes it is the first time I am getting it done for my parents. One of my friend's mother has visited twice to UK so far and they are still waiting too - they did their biometrics on 30th Aug. So absolutely no idea with what's happening in Home Office this time.

yomishu wrote:
Wed Oct 06, 2021 11:39 am
shamshi223 wrote:
Wed Oct 06, 2021 11:06 am
Hi,

This is what i got. looks like for some reason it went to New Delhi as i got an email from nedelvisainfo@fcdo.gov.uk

Thank you for your UK visa application which has been received and is under consideration. We aim to process applications:

Non-settlement within 15 working days
Priority Visas within 5 working days
Settlement within 60 working days.

Unfortunately, we will not be able to make a decision on your visa application within these service standards because we require further information to fully assess your application. We will contact you should we require any additional information from you.

Please be assured that we will continue to progress your application to enable a decision to be made as soon as possible. We will notify you by email once a decision has been made.

I wrote a paid email to home office and they responded with below:

They haven't asked for any further information from us though and it's so confusing now on what additional information they are waiting for :( So looks like it's just a waiting game.

Thanks
yomishu wrote:
Wed Oct 06, 2021 9:40 am
shamshi223 wrote:
Wed Oct 06, 2021 9:16 am
Hello,

It's not definite they are taking 30 days. My parents had their biometrics on 4th Sep in Bangalore and we got a delay email on 29th Sep. So not entirely sure how long it is going to take.

Hi

Could you please let me know what they mentioned in the delay email? Is there a way to contact the centre to find out the status of the visa since i think Bangalore /cochin visa application go to Chennai to get processed?
Thanks for the detailed reply

Just wanted to know if this is the first time your applying for your parents for uk visit visa , if not did you get this type email before? .

The reason why im asking this is because my parents have come to UK before (stayed for a month) and i expected that the visa process for the same person whose applying the second time would be quicker since they didnt break any rules
ok i have friend who applied on 24th August and he got the visa by 30th September so its taking more then 30 days for now. So i think your friend would have got the visa by now .

Could you please provide me the email address you used to send the email regarding your visa?

Awaisch
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by Awaisch » Fri Oct 08, 2021 1:59 pm

Biometric 14-7-21
Hold email 25-7-21
Issued email 8-10-21

entrepreneur123

Post by entrepreneur123 » Fri Oct 08, 2021 5:22 pm

:evil:
entrepreneur123 wrote:
Fri Oct 01, 2021 2:12 pm
:cry:
shamshi223 wrote:
Fri Oct 01, 2021 12:58 pm
Hiya,

What's your time line please? Did you get an email that the process was getting delayed too? And from where have you applied?

Thanks
entrepreneur123 wrote:
Fri Oct 01, 2021 12:51 pm
Just to update received issued email today.
Hi biometric done on 27 august. Then received hold email after two weeks. Now today received issued email. Will update if I hear any more news
Received visa today for 2 years

kufarooq1
United Kingdom

Post by kufarooq1 » Sat Oct 09, 2021 7:49 am

Hi all,

I have received this email. Does it mean guarantee visa?

Dear Customer,

Your UK visa application has been issued.

PLEASE DO NOT GO TO THE VISA APPLICATION CENTRE BEFORE THEY CONTACT YOU.

You will be contacted by the Visa Application Centre when your documents are ready for collection, or have been dispatched via courier where this is relevant.

You are reminded that you should avoid making travel plans until you have collected your passport, as the outcome of your visa application is not final until you receive your passport.

Please ensure you check the details on your visa when collecting your passport. If you need to contact us you can do so via our International Enquiry Service at www.gov.uk/contact-ukvi-outside-uk

Kind regards,

UK Visas and Immigration
British Embassy Abu Dhabi
www.gov.uk/ukvi

PLEASE DO NOT REPLY TO THIS MESSAGE. THIS MAILBOX IS NOT MONITORED.

Follow us online: www.gov.uk/fcdo

This email is intended for the addressee(s) only: All messages sent and received by the Foreign, Commonwealth & Development Office may be monitored in line with relevant UK legislation<https://www.gov.uk/government/publicati ... acy-notice>

Khuram1987
Pakistan

Post by Khuram1987 » Sat Oct 09, 2021 8:25 am

Hi I received the visa issued email today.

Visa Location - Lahore
Date of Application - 07/06
(Passport was given back to us)
Hold Email - 18/06
Visa Issued Email - 09/10

Farooq - please be strong. I have explained multiple times "hold" email means it was successful. I am the one who started this thread!!

You are almost there.

kufarooq1
United Kingdom

Post by kufarooq1 » Sat Oct 09, 2021 8:34 am

Thank you Khurram and congratulations.

I have also received visa application issued email today.

I know I’m getting carried away but visa application issued email means visa has been granted?

Khuram1987
Pakistan

Post by Khuram1987 » Sat Oct 09, 2021 8:37 am

Ofcourse yaar. You already know tbag "issued" is a big word when they decided before there was this covid problem.

But as I said everyone who has the hold email was issued a visa.

Rejections were being given anyway. Irrelevant of red list.

Peace.

samspidey
Pakistan

Post by samspidey » Sat Oct 09, 2021 8:45 am

Hi Khurram,

I applied on 4 June at lahore I still not receive any email yet and you applied on 7th June and you got issued email today I'm bit confused.

Khuram1987
Pakistan

Post by Khuram1987 » Sat Oct 09, 2021 8:49 am

Please check your spam.

Or maybe wait as they are working backwards I think.

You will have it soon.

Did they give your passport back or take it on the biometrics day?

Thanks

samspidey
Pakistan

Post by samspidey » Sat Oct 09, 2021 8:53 am

No yaar, they not submitted my passport same like you. Yes I did check my spam folder Nothing

I applied for 2 years business visit, I already visited uk on 6 month visa before.

Any idea ?

Khuram1987
Pakistan

Post by Khuram1987 » Sat Oct 09, 2021 8:56 am

Honestly you just have to wait..

We all know the hold email mains its successful.

Can just try to stay busy and stick to the facts that visa is successful we just have to wait...

It will be with you next week for sure.

samspidey
Pakistan

Post by samspidey » Sat Oct 09, 2021 8:59 am

Hope so, thanks

Khuram1987
Pakistan

Post by Khuram1987 » Sat Oct 09, 2021 11:20 am

I saw your old post. They said 15 days from 22nd September. So there is still a few days to go.

Also I wonder how long the process will be for those like me whose passport they did not take?

I think visa is issued in Abu Dhabi or is it done electronically now?

Thanks

itsaqsiddiqui
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by itsaqsiddiqui » Sat Oct 09, 2021 12:41 pm

Khuram1987 wrote:
Sat Oct 09, 2021 11:20 am
I saw your old post. They said 15 days from 22nd September. So there is still a few days to go.

Also I wonder how long the process will be for those like me whose passport they did not take?

I think visa is issued in Abu Dhabi or is it done electronically now?

Thanks
My Business Standard Visitor Visa (Timeline)

Visa Submitted Location: Karachi - Pakistan
Visa Type: Business Standard Visitor Visa (Duration 6 Month)
Visa Online Submitted Date: 21 April 2021
Biometrics Date: 30 April 2021
UKVI Paid Online Enquiry Date: 28 Aug 2021
UKVI Reply: 05 Sep 2021
UKVI Visa Issued Email Received: 1st Oct 2021
Passport submission request has not been received yet. Still Wating

To any of you received a request to submit a passport?

Zack1234
United Kingdom

Post by Zack1234 » Sun Oct 10, 2021 11:56 am

I just received the "Issued" email.

Let's see what's the outcome when I get the passport.

Timeline:
Biometric: 8th September (Dubai)
Issued email: 10th October (32/33 days)

lieferschurke
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by lieferschurke » Sun Oct 10, 2021 6:59 pm

Visa Location - Lahore
Date of Application - 04/May
Biometric - 07/ May
Hold Email - 19/May
Visa Issued Email - 10/Sep
Type - Visit visa 5 year

lieferschurke
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by lieferschurke » Sun Oct 10, 2021 7:11 pm

lieferschurke wrote:
Sun Oct 10, 2021 6:59 pm

Visa Location - Lahore
Date of Application - 04/May
Biometric - 07/ May
Hold Email - 19/May
Visa Issued Email - 10/Oct
Type - Visit visa 5 year

kufarooq1
United Kingdom

Post by kufarooq1 » Mon Oct 11, 2021 8:52 am

Hi friends, any idea how the VFS contact for passport collection? By email or text? Or both?

lieferschurke
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by lieferschurke » Mon Oct 11, 2021 10:33 am

kufarooq1 wrote:
Mon Oct 11, 2021 8:52 am
Hi friends, any idea how the VFS contact for passport collection? By email or text? Or both?
Email or Call

noble2004
India

Post by noble2004 » Mon Oct 11, 2021 12:26 pm

Any one applied from India Please help
I have applied for my mother in law with following timelines

Centre. :Cochin
Applied and Biometrics. : 10/09/2021

Delay Email : 07/10/2021

No update after that its been more than a month since applied . Anyone got an update after delay email ?

Fergi
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by Fergi » Mon Oct 11, 2021 1:58 pm

My mother applied for visit visa from Kolkata, biometrics done on 6th Sept, delay email on 29th September, nothing since then. I made enquiry using the paid email service and they escalated it on 28th Sept, but was informed that it can take 15 working days even after escalation.
My mother has visited UK several times and also travelled to other countries. I cannot understand what can be the problem in issuing her a visa this time. Other people I know applied from the same VFS after her but got their visas. So I am really worried....

yomishu
Mood:
India

Post by yomishu » Tue Oct 12, 2021 7:37 am

noble2004 wrote:
Mon Oct 11, 2021 12:26 pm
Any one applied from India Please help
I have applied for my mother in law with following timelines

Centre. :Cochin
Applied and Biometrics. : 10/09/2021

Delay Email : 07/10/2021

No update after that its been more than a month since applied . Anyone got an update after delay email ?
Hi

I know friends who applied at cochin and did biometric on 7th September - they received the visit visa after a month. What did they inform you in your delay visa email?

yomishu
Mood:
India

Post by yomishu » Tue Oct 12, 2021 7:41 am

Fergi wrote:
Mon Oct 11, 2021 1:58 pm
My mother applied for visit visa from Kolkata, biometrics done on 6th Sept, delay email on 29th September, nothing since then. I made enquiry using the paid email service and they escalated it on 28th Sept, but was informed that it can take 15 working days even after escalation.
My mother has visited UK several times and also travelled to other countries. I cannot understand what can be the problem in issuing her a visa this time. Other people I know applied from the same VFS after her but got their visas. So I am really worried....
I do know that cochin vfs had a delay in issuing visit visa since they were priotizing student visa in august and beginning of September but again i think they would have mentioned a reason in your delay email / letter