ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Child British Passport documents and adult passport birth certificate- Indian passport

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

amit_sharma90
Mood:
India

Child British Passport documents and adult passport birth certificate- Indian passport

Post by amit_sharma90 » Sat Oct 09, 2021 5:50 pm

Hi All,

Thanks for this group for providing all the guidance and support.

I have two queries and would need expert advice:

1. For my child born in UK after we both parents got ILR, do we just need to send the
a. Child UK Birth Certificate
b. BRP card of my wife ( i am planning to share my wife's details)

is that also required to send my wife current Indian passport? the document required states 'the non-british' passport they had when the child was born showing ILR status. is BRP card only enough?

Please confirm what documents are required to sent? anything else I am missing please advise.

2. We are Indian passport holders and don't have birth certificate. We never required to have it as all our Indian documents (Aadhar card, PAN card etc) clearly shows our Date of birth. Me and my wife just got our naturalization application approved and we would be applying for our British passport in couple of months time.

Ques: for our British passport application, do we need our Birth certificates as a mandatory document? or we can provide any other alternate documents? We don't have it and am worried how can i get it now.

Also what all documents required for British passport for Indian people after naturalization.

Please provide your guidance on both of these questions.

Thanks
Amit

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Child British Passport documents and adult passport birth certificate- Indian passport

Post by CR001 » Sat Oct 09, 2021 6:08 pm

1. If it asks for the parent foreign passport then yes you need to send it.

2. You do not need your birth certificates for a passport application if you have naturalised as British.

The documents required for a passport are the same for everyone who is naturalised. There is no different set of or extra documents for Indian citizens!!
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

amit_sharma90
Mood:
India

Re: Child British Passport documents and adult passport birth certificate- Indian passport

Post by amit_sharma90 » Sat Oct 09, 2021 6:25 pm

Thanks CR001.

This is what it says
“Parents’ documents

For 1 of your parents, send 1 of the following:

1.full birth or adoption certificate
2. naturalisation or registration certificate
3. the non-British passport they had when you were born showing indefinite leave to remain”

Can you check the above ? And do you advise if other than child birth certificate and ILR BRP, passport is also required to be sent?

Thanks
Amit

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sat Oct 09, 2021 6:29 pm

amit_sharma90 wrote:
Sat Oct 09, 2021 6:25 pm
Thanks CR001.

This is what it says
“Parents’ documents

For 1 of your parents, send 1 of the following:

1.full birth or adoption certificate
2. naturalisation or registration certificate
3. the non-British passport they had when you were born showing indefinite leave to remain”

Can you check the above ? And do you as advise other tha n child birth certificate and ILR BRP, passport is also required to be sent?

Thanks
Amit
Parent ILR BRP card needs to be sent. They could request the parent passport.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

amit_sharma90
Mood:
India

Post by amit_sharma90 » Sat Oct 09, 2021 6:41 pm

Thanks CR001.

Shall I send the passport or wait for them to contact me?

Sorry to bother.

Anyone else as well in the forum who applied for child passport being on ILR, appreciate your confirmation.

Thanks
Amit

amit_sharma90
Mood:
India

Post by amit_sharma90 » Sun Oct 10, 2021 7:23 am

Please help me with the answer to my questions. I need to send documents by Monday.

Thanks
Amit

amit_sharma90
Mood:
India

Post by amit_sharma90 » Sun Oct 10, 2021 7:33 am

Please confirm if for child first British passport while parent being on ILR , is it required to send the parent original passport together with ILR BRP to passport office ? Or the ILR BRP card is sufficient.

It’s not clear in the website as it says parent foreign passport showing ILR status. We don’t have anything on ILR on the passport, we have separate BRP for ILR.

So I am confused if original passport and ILR together needs to be send or jus ILR?

Thanks
Amit

alterhase58
Germany

Post by alterhase58 » Sun Oct 10, 2021 10:10 am

Just parent's BRP card for ILR proof - in the past ILR stamps or vignettes were put into passports - no longer.
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.
Please do not send me private messages asking for advice.

amit_sharma90
Mood:
India

Post by amit_sharma90 » Tue Nov 30, 2021 9:14 pm

Hi - thanks for help, I got my daughter first passport approved and received the same as well.

But I did not yet received the supporting documents it’s been more than 3 weeks. I tried calling HMPO they have same answer always , just wait and will call you back.

I also keep checking my passport application number in TNT but it still shows only for passport. I paid 5£ for secured delivery

Not sure how to know where the document are, when would I receive it and how to track.

Please guide me .
Thanks
Amit

amit_sharma90
Mood:
India

Post by amit_sharma90 » Wed Dec 08, 2021 10:55 am

A quick update on documents return.

I have followed up on my documents multiple times on HMPO phone and their twitter etc and finally got it in early 5th week after passport receiving date.

1. There is huge waiting list on supporting document returns
2. The documents return can take 4 weeks from date of passport received, not approved. Start follow up with HMPO from 4th week and it should come in 5th week as per HMPO
3. A new item will appear in TNT website tracking under same passport application number - no email or message will come. keep checking it
4. Email will come from TNT for the delivery of supporting document on the day of delivery itself
5. User HMPO twitter account for another way to escalate

Hope this helps.