ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Section21 Notice by landlord

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

vic2050
Newly Registered
India

Section21 Notice by landlord

Post by vic2050 » Sat Oct 09, 2021 9:44 pm

Hi,

I am living in the UK under Tier 2 Visa
Recently my landlord served me a section 21 notice to leave the property I am renting as he is planning to sell it I have found a new property to move in so I will be moving before the date given by my landlord
My question is whether receiving a section 21 notice goes on my record or is it just a routine procedure for ending tenancy and will it in anyway affect my future ILR APPLICATION
I am worried is it equivalent to a ccj or something like that

Thanks

Vignesh

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: Section21 Notice by landlord

Post by zimba » Sat Oct 09, 2021 10:06 pm

vic2050 wrote:
Sat Oct 09, 2021 9:44 pm
Hi,

I am living in the UK under Tier 2 Visa
Recently my landlord served me a section 21 notice to leave the property I am renting as he is planning to sell it I have found a new property to move in so I will be moving before the date given by my landlord
My question is whether receiving a section 21 notice goes on my record or is it just a routine procedure for ending tenancy and will it in anyway affect my future ILR APPLICATION

Thanks

Vignesh
This is a routine legal procedure that your landlord has to follow in order to legally ask you to leave and terminate your tenancy. Nothing out of ordinary.
https://www.gov.uk/evicting-tenants/sec ... -8-notices
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

JB007
- thin ice -
United Kingdom

Re: Section21 Notice by landlord

Post by JB007 » Sun Oct 10, 2021 11:12 am

vic2050 wrote:
Sat Oct 09, 2021 9:44 pm

A Section 21 Notice is merely a no-fault notice to quit: ypu have done nothing wrong but the landlord would be very grateful if you would leave their property by that date. No affect on ILR at all.

As an aside. In England at least, quite a few Section 21s are not valid as the landlord/letting agent has failed to keep up to date with the various Housing Acts changes/they never complied with the Housing Acts in the first place. There are many things that make a Section 21 invalid.