ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Employers checking service

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Tatty
Newly Registered

Employers checking service

Post by Tatty » Tue Oct 12, 2021 1:36 pm

Hello,

I have Indefinite Leave to Enter in the UK (issued in 2011) in the expired passport. I understand that in order to start an employment I need to get a BRP card, which I applied for 3 weeks ago. I gave my UAN number to the employer, so they can check my status on ECS government website. The employer said that they have submitted the request, but have not had any reply back so far. I talked to the HO adviser and been told that their processing time for this kind of checks is 5-10 days. This means that my employer should have received the reply from HO regarding my status by now. I was wondering if the employer choose the correct option when submitting the request.

My question is - what is the correct option in my situation - 2 and 3? They seem very similar (apart from the part of "replacement of BRP"). What is the difference between those 2 options?

========================================
field inactive: 'Does the employee or prospective employee have a passport from the UK or Ireland, or other immigration documents from the Home Office, or an immigration status that can be shared digitally that demonstrate a right to work?'Does the employee or prospective employee have a passport from the UK or Ireland, or other immigration documents from the Home Office, or an immigration status that can be shared digitally that demonstrate a right to work?
No

field inactive: 'Does this person already work for you?'Does this person already work for you?
No

--------------------------------------------------------
Does this person have any one of the following?

1.an ongoing application or appeal for leave to remain in the UK

2.an application for no time limit to be added to a new passport by someone who already has indefinite leave to enter or remain in the UK

3.an application for transferring a current visa into a new passport / Biometric Residence Permit (BRP) or applying for a replacement BRP

4.a Certificate of Application (COA) issued following submission of an application under the EU Settlement Scheme (EUSS)

5.an Application Registration Card (ARC) for an asylum seeker stating that the holder is allowed to work

6.or unable to produce valid BRP due to non-delivery or collection

7.or unable to use Digital Right to Work service due to technical error

==================================================

Thank you

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Employers checking service

Post by CR001 » Tue Oct 12, 2021 1:45 pm

general-uk-immigration-forum/employers- ... l#p2036564

Your topics were merged to keep your queries and circumstances in one thread.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.