ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Change of Details - Update Address (Burgh Quay)

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

jlad

Change of Details - Update Address (Burgh Quay)

Post by jlad » Tue Oct 12, 2021 5:19 pm

Hi folks,

Couldn't find relevant info on this forum so i have decided to create a new one. Wondering if anyone will be able to shed some light on this.

I have moved flat from say, Address A to Address B back in Jan 2021. On the day when i moved, i have sent an email to Burgh Quay (burghquayregoffice@justice.ie) to request to update my address in INIS system to Address B. Couple of days later i received an email from Burgh Quay to say they have acknowledged my email, well not those automated ones but someone with first and surname - to which i thought it was done and dusted.

However, i have recently returned to Ireland after a weekend away abroad, it was a straight forward process to enter the country, just before i was about to leave the immigration counter, the officer asked if i was still living in Address A which then i said no, i have moved to Address B since Jan 2021 and has sent an email to Burgh Quay which i have received an acknowledgement email from Burgh Quay.

She was saying to me that the address in the system is still Address A and i will need to send another email to amend and update to Address B. Got home and sent an email to Burgh Quay (burghquayregoffice@justice.ie) straight away and got automatic email to say the email address no longer exists and need to redirect my query to immigrationsupport@justice.ie.

I forward that email to the said email and got an automatic reply to say this email address is only for queries relating to registering and renewing immigration permissions and re-entry visas.

Now i am not sure if this is the correct email to be sending to request change of address update for INIS, as the automatic reply email said it could take up to 15 working days to get a reply. I wouldn't want to wait 15 working days or more just to say it is the wrong email to be sending, or even worse, not replying my email at all as it is the wrong email to send it in the first place?

Wondering anyone has come across similar situation or can advice what action should i take? Is there any implication in future applications to remain in Ireland. I believe i have updated my details on time and through no fault of my own Burgh Quay did not update my details in the system when requested.

Any advice is welcome.

Thank you.

littlerr
Respected Guru
China

Re: Change of Details - Update Address (Burgh Quay)

Post by littlerr » Tue Oct 12, 2021 10:57 pm

My partner had the exact same issue 3 years ago. We moved home and sent the email to Burgh Quay immediately, but a year later when we travel back from abroad, we were told by the border officer that the address was not updated. They did not give us any hard time though. They just asked us to double check with Burgh Quay and get it updated.

I then sent an email again to Burgh Quay and the details were updated accordingly.

All immigration related issues are now transferred to the new email now, so that advice is correct. Send them another email. Explain your situation, and ask them to correct the details immediately.

I would also send a separate email to gnib_dv@garda.ie as they should have access to the same system.

I don't think it would have any negative impact on you, but you should keep your original email details and their response safe somewhere, just in the unlikely event that you are asked for them.