ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Travel - IRP with Citizenship office

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

water_tank1
Ireland

Travel - IRP with Citizenship office

Post by water_tank1 » Tue Oct 12, 2021 8:28 pm

Hi,

I received approval for Citizenship, I have to send my IRP card to the Citizenship office in the next few days.

I have a holiday planned within the next 3 weeks or so. I didn't expect to receive approval before my holiday plans.

As I won't have an IRP card but have a stamp in my passport with my current permission, am I able to still enter Ireland on my return with this stamp and no IRP card? I'm thinking that I may have a hard time boarding a plane at my departure airport without an IRP card?

Can anyone provide any experience/information on this?

Thanks

littlerr
Respected Guru
China

Re: Travel - IRP with Citizenship office

Post by littlerr » Tue Oct 12, 2021 9:07 pm

Do you need a visa to travel to Ireland? If you are a visa-required national, you cannot travel back to Ireland without a visa or IRP card. If you are a non-visa required national, you can travel without any issue.

water_tank1
Ireland

Post by water_tank1 » Tue Oct 12, 2021 9:12 pm

Hey Littler,

That's correct I'm a visa required national.

Does the stamp in the passport suffice to enter Ireland?

Cheers!

littlerr
Respected Guru
China

Post by littlerr » Tue Oct 12, 2021 10:41 pm

No. Stamps in passports will not be accepted by airlines. You will need to get a re-entry visa. Fill in a Stamp 6 re-entry visa application (you don't need a stamp 6) and send it to re-entry visa office along with your passport, proof of urgent travel and a copy of approval letter.

The re-entry visa office is very quick to respond but it will still take a week at least with the mail transit time considered.