ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Rejected, September 2004 applicant

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

emma_peele
Newly Registered

Rejected, September 2004 applicant

Post by emma_peele » Fri Apr 29, 2005 5:10 pm

hello everyone!

i finally got the long-awaited letter from HSMP and as expected, the application was rejected because of the work experience. but no worries, i'm not really downhearted. i've been thinking really long and hard about this and i realized i've been looking at UK with edenistic eyes, you know, The Paradise - majestic europe at your feet, the lovely brit twang, all things lovely and dear. but dreaming aside, i'm pretty much ok where i am right now. it's also a first world, we just don't have snow. hahaha! seriously, i realized that the feeling of being settled does not come with a change of place, it's a state of mind.

so i'm planning to just go for a free appeal, try to explain my case but not desperately. just so i could say in the future that i at least gave it another shot. if it doesn't happen, then this application still served it's purpose - it finally showed me where my heart fatefully belongs.

goodluck to you all waiting for the result. remember, there's always a reason for everything.

Dizzeem
Newly Registered

Post by Dizzeem » Mon May 02, 2005 12:50 am

Hi Emma_peele

I admire your thoughts....and of course it wouldn't hurt to give it another shot.

If you were approved on your appeal, would you still follow through?

Europe will always be here... its not going anywhere. You can always take a trip here when you are ready and return home to the comforts of your home/country.

Best Wishes.

f2k
Diamond Member

Post by f2k » Mon May 02, 2005 10:24 pm

Emma
Extremely sorry to hear bout your rejection, hopefully you will be able to get it when you send in your review. Just a couple of questions if you dont mind my asking. You are a September 8/9th applicant, did you request an urgent treatment for your application. also can you be as kind as to provide us with the date of of the refusal letter, as well as your country of residence (sorry if i am asking too many questions but just that am also waiitng for response, Sept 15th applicant)

emma_peele
Newly Registered

Post by emma_peele » Tue May 03, 2005 2:00 am

hi Dizzeem,

thank you! you're right about that, europe will always be a plane away. if after this free review i get approval (but i doubt that very much), i will only go if i manage to get a solid job offer. if not, then i'll probably stay here and work on building my resume so the job will find me next time.

goodluck to you! keep us posted.

emma_peele
Newly Registered

Post by emma_peele » Tue May 03, 2005 2:03 am

hi f2k,

i'm an applicant from singapore. i submitted my application on 8th of september, they charged my card on the 9th. i didn't request for any urgent treatment. the letter from HSMP was dated 18 april and arrived here on the 29th.

yours must also be on the mill now. goodluck to you, f2k. i sincerely hope it will be worth the wait.

guest 000

review

Post by guest 000 » Fri May 06, 2005 12:47 pm

Dear Emma-peele,

will like to know how far with ur review. Have U gotten ur decision or any correspondence fron HO.

lightbringer

Post by lightbringer » Tue May 10, 2005 8:12 am

Hi emma_peele, sorry about your refusal.
From your previous posts I recall that you sent them some additional papers, didn't you? Do you get your papers back? Did they consider those extra docs you've sent, did they link them to your file?

Good luck to you. By the way, I respect your point of view about staying in your home country. Long wait gives us time to think and consider all pros and cons :)

wazman
Newly Registered

bad show

Post by wazman » Wed May 11, 2005 11:27 pm

Sorry about your luck, Emma.

If you have any additional documents, send them with your appeal. They say they may or may not consider extra documents at that stage. It's worth a shot.

W.

dhavaluk
Member of Standing

Post by dhavaluk » Thu May 12, 2005 7:48 am

hi dear wazzmaan,

WEHere did u read so that they "MAY OR MAY NOT ACCEPT", so far as i know they clearly state that they DO NOT ACCEPT ANY ADDITIONAL DOCUMENTS FOR REVIEW, if u want to send additional documents, you need to send a new application alongwith applciation fee.

wazman
Newly Registered

Sorry for the confusion

Post by wazman » Thu May 12, 2005 5:40 pm

Yes, sorry, I think what I was referring to is they may or may not request extra information before deciding on your initial application.

I still think it's worth sending any additional info with your appeal, particularly if what you send brings to their attention any failure to follow their own guidelines etc.

Once again, didn't mean to confuse the issue.

W.

Toomie
Newly Registered

Post by Toomie » Sat May 14, 2005 1:24 pm

Hiya Emma,

Do you mind if I ask you what field you're in?

And would you mind giving me some information on the type of documentation you sent through for your proof of work experience?

For your info, i'm a [female] 27yr old Analyst programmer from Australia and i'm about 2 weeks away from sending off my application.

Were you able to obtain a company reference? I can't possibly do this because I still work for my employer! So, i'm going to submit of original Letter of Offer, plus other original letters that state my position and salary.

I'd love to hear from you :)