ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Accomodation Requirement - Tier 1 dependent

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

ganeshptrk

Accomodation Requirement - Tier 1 dependent

Post by ganeshptrk » Wed Oct 22, 2008 2:06 pm

Hi,
I am a Tier 1 (General) visa holder and currently in U.K. My spouse and child are in India. Now I want to process Tier 1 dependent visa for them. Please clarify of following queries.
1. I need to show proof of accomodation, i.e Contract Agreement. Can this contract agreement be jointly between me and my friend. That is, the contract agreement is currently on my friend's name. Now I want my name also to be included in the agreement. Will this be ok? or it should be only on my name. It is a proper double bed room.
2. I heard that if the child is above 2 years, then the accomodation should necessarily be a two bed room and not single bed room. Can some one please clarify this.

This forum helped me a lot during my Tier 1 application. Now can someone guide me for Tier 1 dependent.

Thanks

jimmymcad
Member of Standing
United Kingdom

Hi.

Post by jimmymcad » Wed Oct 22, 2008 2:16 pm

1. Please read the accomodation requirement given by UKBIA, here is the link where you can find the detial about it.http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewtopic.php?t=6227

2. According to the link, husband and wife can stay together in one bedroom and is not considered as overcrowded but for your child you need to occupy one more room too.

namastelondon

Post by namastelondon » Thu Oct 23, 2008 12:05 am

Hi
Can anybody answer ganesh's first question regarding the name on the contract aggrement.
Do we need to have contract agreement if we have to apply for dependent visa. What if someone applied for his wife but he does not have a contract aggrement but gets a letter from friend who have an aggreement regarding his stay.

I am also in the same doubt. It will be great if someone can answer this.

happy

jimmymcad
Member of Standing
United Kingdom

Post by jimmymcad » Thu Oct 23, 2008 8:37 am

Answer is obvious a two bedroom flat if sharing by 2 people thats mean, both person will occupy each bedroom. If you have a 2 bed house, and you have a child as dependant with you, you should have it in on your name only.

Hope it make sense

ganeshptrk

Hi

Post by ganeshptrk » Thu Oct 23, 2008 2:49 pm

Thanks for the replies. After going through the link, it appears that I can't have another name on contract agreement if its only a double bed room. The visa officer MAY reject the application.

Frontier Mole
Respected Guru
European Union

Post by Frontier Mole » Sun Oct 26, 2008 1:08 am

The ECO WILL reject your application - there is no may to it!

If your friend is renting the house in the first place, even if it was big enough, the landlord would have to give written permission for your wife and child to stay. That would be the case with your name on the contract or not.