ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Our new immigrations minister out of touch

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

midget
Newly Registered

Post by midget » Thu Oct 23, 2008 8:40 am

ztech wrote:

Only skilled ppl should be allowed into the country and non-EU ppl should be favoured over EU ppl.
Coming from a self-confessed overstayer, what right do you have to pass judgement on who should or should not be in the country ?

http://www.immigrationboards.com./viewtopic.php?t=32014

ztech
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by ztech » Thu Oct 23, 2008 11:52 am

midget wrote:
Coming from a self-confessed overstayer, what right do you have to pass judgement on who should or should not be in the country ?

Please familiarize yourself with the board rules - particularly the bit about attacking other members.

This is a general discussion thread.

UKBAbble

Post by UKBAbble » Thu Oct 23, 2008 12:01 pm

ztech wrote: Please familiarize yourself with the board rules - particularly the bit about attacking other members.

Indeed it is but your post about African and Asians being more skilled than Europeans is verging on being dearly beloved.

joelondon
Member of Standing

Post by joelondon » Thu Oct 23, 2008 1:36 pm

BAI wrote:UK should close its doors to all foreigners except ppl from the EU. Europe is for Europeans and not for foreigners from 3rd world countries.
u just a f*** dearly beloved ...watch your words ,becoz of people like you there is wars every where on this damn earth ...get a life mate , move on...u such an idiot . revise your education :( :evil: :twisted:

Thandia

Post by Thandia » Thu Oct 23, 2008 1:52 pm

UKBAbble wrote:
ztech wrote: Please familiarize yourself with the board rules - particularly the bit about attacking other members.

Indeed it is but your post about African and Asians being more skilled than Europeans is verging on being dearly beloved.
LOL, touche. Very funny indeed. I suppose your statement isn't dearly beloved? The mind boggles. :shock:
UKBAbble wrote: UK should close its doors to all foreigners except ppl from the EU. Europe is for Europeans and not for foreigners from 3rd world countries.

midget
Newly Registered

Post by midget » Thu Oct 23, 2008 3:11 pm

ztech wrote:
midget wrote:

Please familiarize yourself with the board rules - particularly the bit about attacking other members.

I wasn't attacking you - I was pointing out your hypocrisy in casting judgment on other potential immigrants, when you fail to follow the immigration rules yourself. If you have taken offence, that was not my intention, but I think reflects more on yourself.

Mr Rusty
Diamond Member

Post by Mr Rusty » Thu Oct 23, 2008 3:13 pm

As the man in the Monty Python sketch used to say - "Right that's enough, this is getting silly."......

jeevan1000
Newly Registered

Post by jeevan1000 » Thu Oct 23, 2008 3:24 pm

BAI wrote:Siggi - you're wrong. You cannot limit the number of EEA nationals entering the UK. That's the whole point of the EU. Freedom of movement between member states. Instead I would have limited all those ppl from India, Africa and any other third world countries starting from 1962. Now we are suffering the consequences. Many of them don't speak a word of English and have never done 1 day's worth of work in their lives. They're just queueing up for the dole and do sod all. Many of them are here illegally and commit crimes. EEA citizens are hard working and law-abiding citizens (well most of them anyway). If I was immigration minister I'd start removing the ppl who don't contribute anything to society...
What a jerk :x

UKBAbble

Post by UKBAbble » Thu Oct 23, 2008 4:23 pm

Thandia wrote:
UKBAbble wrote: UK should close its doors to all foreigners except ppl from the EU. Europe is for Europeans and not for foreigners from 3rd world countries.
It wasn't me that posted that. If you're going to quote people please take care and do it correctly.

macaroni

Post by macaroni » Thu Oct 23, 2008 6:33 pm

BAI wrote:Siggi - you're wrong. You cannot limit the number of EEA nationals entering the UK. That's the whole point of the EU. Freedom of movement between member states. Instead I would have limited all those ppl from India, Africa and any other third world countries starting from 1962. Now we are suffering the consequences. Many of them don't speak a word of English and have never done 1 day's worth of work in their lives. They're just queueing up for the dole and do sod all. Many of them are here illegally and commit crimes. EEA citizens are hard working and law-abiding citizens (well most of them anyway). If I was immigration minister I'd start removing the ppl who don't contribute anything to society...
Do you write for the Daily Mail? "Those" people? Like "those" foreigners from Europe who speak no English either? I won't ask you for any evidence, because that would disrupt the stirring of your wooden spoon. :roll:

macaroni

Post by macaroni » Thu Oct 23, 2008 6:35 pm

BAI wrote:UK should close its doors to all foreigners except ppl from the EU. Europe is for Europeans and not for foreigners from 3rd world countries.
Europeans who mostly worship an Arabian Jesus? :lol:

macaroni

Post by macaroni » Thu Oct 23, 2008 6:38 pm

ztech wrote:
midget wrote:

Asking someone what right they have to pass judgement is hardly attacking someone. :roll:

Sushil-ACCA
Diamond Member

Post by Sushil-ACCA » Fri Oct 24, 2008 10:36 am

FRiends -relax

lets have attention on other issues than divisions

Regards

Post by 1971 » Mon Oct 27, 2008 1:03 pm

Hi All,

Lets move on... Life is short. if you are skilled,get the skilled jobs and if not, do whatever you can within the laws to make your life better.

It doesnt matter where you come from. Afterall, what determines a Man's worth is his ability to make the best use of every opportunity that comes his way.

Cheers.

joelondon
Member of Standing

Post by joelondon » Mon Oct 27, 2008 1:08 pm

1971 wrote:Hi All,

Lets move on... Life is short. if you are skilled,get the skilled jobs and if not, do whatever you can within the laws to make your life better.

It doesnt matter where you come from. Afterall, what determines a Man's worth is his ability to make the best use of every opportunity that comes his way.

Cheers.

---------------------------------->WELL SAID MATEY LOL<---------------------------

yewhongwei79

Post by yewhongwei79 » Wed Nov 12, 2008 12:56 am

whirly wrote:
This is a pointless, offensive line of argument. Why do you persist?

As someone who falls into yewhongwei79's 'Non-EU people come to UK to work legally - contribute to tax, NI, no social benefits (mostly high-skills jobs but require VISA)' group, I take exception to BAI's continued xenophobic comments on this thread - not to mention yewhongwei79's seeming support for BAI's position.

Back to the topic of the original post, I think all immigrants in the UK have cause to be worried when people like Mr. Woolas start pointing fingers at them.
Err... you have misunderstood me, I am against BAI's statement.

whirly

Post by whirly » Wed Nov 12, 2008 1:34 pm

yewhongwei79 wrote:Err... you have misunderstood me, I am against BAI's statement.
My bad. You're right: I misread your comment. Looking back, I see that you were arguing against BAI. Very sorry!

NationOne

Post by NationOne » Thu Nov 13, 2008 9:10 am

Every single sentence in this post is not only factually incorrect, they are blatantly dearly beloved as well. I would not be surprised if BAI is a BNP member.

Siggi

Post by Siggi » Thu Nov 13, 2008 1:02 pm

BAI is in fact a from the Czech Republic need I say anymore!

JAJ
Australia

Post by JAJ » Fri Nov 14, 2008 3:31 am

BAI wrote:Siggi - you're wrong. You cannot limit the number of EEA nationals entering the UK. That's the whole point of the EU. Freedom of movement between member states.
There is a certain level of unemployment at which we may well see Britain and other member states imposing "temporary" immigration controls on migration from the rest of the EEA.