ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Citizenship Query

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

udhyasilpa
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Citizenship Query

Post by udhyasilpa » Fri Oct 15, 2021 10:50 am

Hi Seniors, could you please advise on the below. I have been in the UK for 6 years and 5 months. My husband is a British Citizen. I have got my ILR in Dec 2020 and I have applied for Naturalization. But I have got the below query from Home office.

"Your application was received in the Home Office on 6th August 2021. You must therefore have been in the United Kingdom on7th August 2018 in order to meet this requirement. According to your application form, you left the United Kingdom on 13th July 2018 and you returned on 15th September 2018."

I was outside from the UK from 13/07/2018 to 15/09/2018(total 64 days). Yes, I was not in the UK on 07th Aug 2018. But as per my understanding I should not be outside from country for more than 90days? for the last 6 years and 5 months, I was outside of the UK for a total of 172 days (64 max days in a year)

could you please advise do I need to submit one more application?

Thanks
Silpa

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Citizenship Query

Post by CR001 » Fri Oct 15, 2021 12:04 pm

"Your application was received in the Home Office on 6th August 2021. You must therefore have been in the United Kingdom on7th August 2018 in order to meet this requirement. According to your application form, you left the United Kingdom on 13th July 2018 and you returned on 15th September 2018."

I was outside from the UK from 13/07/2018 to 15/09/2018(total 64 days). Yes, I was not in the UK on 07th Aug 2018. But as per my understanding I should not be outside from country for more than 90days? for the last 6 years and 5 months, I was outside of the UK for a total of 172 days (64 max days in a year)
You seem to be missing the point that you are required to have been physically present in the UK at the start of the 3 year qualifying period on the date you applied for citizenship as you applied as the spouse of a British citizen. The physically present at the start of the qualifying period is a mandatory requirement. UKVI could have simply refused your application. Have they asked you to redeclare the application by signing it again?

The email you received has nothing to do with the absence in the last 12 months.

You should have applied before 13th July or after 15th September to meet the physically present requirement.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

udhyasilpa
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Re: Citizenship Query

Post by udhyasilpa » Fri Oct 15, 2021 1:45 pm

Hi CR001

Thanks for your reply and clarification. I have resent the application to the home office

Thanks
Silpa