ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Compassionate Leave Query for ILR application

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

lancsmedic
Mood:
Pakistan

Re: Compassionate Leave Query for ILR application

Post by lancsmedic » Sun Oct 10, 2021 12:54 am

Zimba wrote:
Tue Sep 21, 2021 4:14 pm
You can choose to do so
Dear friends, my biometrics appointment is scheduled for tomorrow 11th October 2021 (monday) at 12 PM.
My last questions before biometrics is:

1. Should I submit the email from the local police in 2019 that I could not get a foreign nationals registration appointment because of staff shortages and I subsequently updated my latest address in my police certificate in January 2020 (moved into my home in September 2019).

2. I paid GBP 500 for a 5 day processing service. Does processing time start immediately after submission of biometrics or from the next working day?

Thanks again to everyone in advance.

Lancs Medic

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by zimba » Sun Oct 10, 2021 12:56 am

1. Not important
2. From the time you attend the biometrics
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

lancsmedic
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by lancsmedic » Mon Oct 11, 2021 2:23 pm

Zimba wrote:
Sun Oct 10, 2021 12:56 am
1. Not important
2. From the time you attend the biometrics
Thanks again Zimba!

I attended biometrics today 11th October and all information and documents were forwarded to UKVI at 12:30 pm as per the UKVCAS email.

As I paid GBP 500 for a 5 day service, would the deadline for a UKVI decision for my ILR be the close of business on Friday 15th October 2021?

I know paying the priority fee is no guarantee for a decision made within the timeframe.

Thanks again.

Lancs Medic

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by zimba » Mon Oct 11, 2021 2:34 pm

Yes. Wait to hear back
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

lancsmedic
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by lancsmedic » Wed Oct 13, 2021 5:06 pm

Zimba wrote:
Mon Oct 11, 2021 2:34 pm
Yes. Wait to hear back
Dear friends, thanks to everyone for their support and guidance. A very big and special thanks to Zimba and CR001. I received the Home Office approval email for my ILR application today at 10:52 AM. My application was approved in 2.5 days for a 5 day service.

For the information of all members I will post a timeline and documents list for my ILR application.

My latest question is: After receiving my new ILR BRP is there any requirement to contact the Home Office team for "change of circumstances" after ILR approval?

Thanks again.

Lancs Medic

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by zimba » Wed Oct 13, 2021 5:54 pm

Congrats. Do NOT contact the home office anymore :lol:

AmazonianX
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by AmazonianX » Wed Oct 13, 2021 6:37 pm

lancsmedic wrote:
Wed Oct 13, 2021 5:06 pm
Zimba wrote:
Yes. Wait to hear back
Dear friends, thanks to everyone for their support and guidance. A very big and special thanks to Zimba and CR001. I received the Home Office approval email for my ILR application today at 10:52 AM. My application was approved in 2.5 days for a 5 day service.

For the information of all members I will post a timeline and documents list for my ILR application.

My latest question is: After receiving my new ILR BRP is there any requirement to contact the Home Office team for "change of circumstances" after ILR approval?

Thanks again.

Lancs Medic
Lancsmedic, congratulations.
You worry too much.

lancsmedic
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by lancsmedic » Sat Oct 16, 2021 2:13 am

AmazonianX wrote:
Wed Oct 13, 2021 6:37 pm
lancsmedic wrote:
Wed Oct 13, 2021 5:06 pm
Zimba wrote:
Yes. Wait to hear back

Thanks again.

Lancs Medic
Lancsmedic, congratulations.
You worry too much.
Thanks AmazonianX
I worry of making immigration blunders because of the myriad and subjective rules of the hostile environment policy. I have paid income tax and national insurance from my first paycheck. But as a foreigner I suffered financial hardship because of the sky high visa fees and NHS health surcharge until last year. All of foreign doctor friends feel the same way as me.

lancsmedic
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by lancsmedic » Sat Oct 16, 2021 2:06 pm

Zimba wrote:
Wed Oct 13, 2021 5:54 pm
Congrats. Do NOT contact the home office anymore :lol:
Thanks Zimba!

I have not received any information for my ILR BRP card as of yet.

Can I ask what would be the date I became settled in UK to enter in my UK born child's citizenship application?

Would my settlement date be the date of the Home Office approval email dated 13th October 2021?
Or would the ILR BRP mention the settlement start date different from the Home office email date?

The right to work website check for my last Tier 2 BRP card gives the following information:

Your right to work
Right to work
Lancs Medic
You can work in the UK.

Details
There is no limit on how long you can stay in the UK.
Thanks again.

Lancs Medic

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by zimba » Sun Oct 17, 2021 5:26 pm

The date of approval is the date that matters. The dates on your BRP are irrelevant

lancsmedic
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by lancsmedic » Sun Oct 17, 2021 7:47 pm

Zimba wrote:
Sun Oct 17, 2021 5:26 pm
The date of approval is the date that matters. The dates on your BRP are irrelevant
Thanks again Zimba! This is really good news.

Can I use a printed copy of the Home Office ILR approval email as evidence of my settlement in UK for my child's citizenship application without a physical letter from the Home Office or the BRP (yet to arrive)

Can I contact the UKVI for a physical letter stating the date of my ILR approval is 13th October 2021?

Thanks again to all friends for making this forum a life saver in every sense.

Lancs Medic

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sun Oct 17, 2021 8:34 pm

You require the brp card for a childs MN1 Application.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

lancsmedic
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by lancsmedic » Sun Oct 17, 2021 9:51 pm

CR001 wrote:
Sun Oct 17, 2021 8:34 pm
You require the brp card for a childs MN1 Application.
Thanks CR001!

My child's MN1 application form's checklist states the following requirement for evidence of settlement of a parent:

If (Child of Lancs Medic) told us that their parent is settled in the UK then you must provide us evidence of their settled status. This could include a BRP, a letter from the Home Office, an endorsement in their passport or another document certifying permanent residence.

On the basis of the above requirement I was under the impression that the printed copy of the Home Office approval email for my ILR dated 13th October 2021 would allow me to satisfy the Home Office as evident of gaining settlement in case I do not receive my BRP in time. The main reason is my wife is expecting to deliver twins within the next 2 to 4 weeks and I really hope to receive my BRP before delivery to avoid spending an unaffordable GBP 2024 for MN1 applications for my twins after first registering my first born child for GBP 1024. This is one of the main reasons why I spent GBP 500 to get an expedited ILR decision from the Home Office.

Can I contact the UKVI for a letter clearly stating I gained settlement approval on 13th October 2021 ? I have very little hope with the Home Office for receiving my BRP within the first 10 days of ILR approval because of my previous disappointing experiences with this government department.

If only I had known better I would have emigrated to another country instead of UK.

Thanks again!

Lancs Medic

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by zimba » Mon Oct 18, 2021 2:59 pm

This is the ILR forum. Start a new post in the British citizenship forum regrading a new nationality application like MN1 :!: I do not believe the UKVI will demand a BRP for MN1