ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

When to upload the documents for set(M)

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

sunoo
United Kingdom

Question on ILR form

Post by sunoo » Sun Oct 10, 2021 7:28 pm

Hi. My wife is filling her online ILR application for 5 year spouse route. One of the question she came across asks:

Has your partner previously been sponsored as a partner of a settled person?

I am not sure if it is YES or NO.

About me I came to UK as student. I finished my university and got married to a British Citizen and that is how I was given ILR but my naturalization application was solely on the basis of my stay in the UK.

I am sponsoring my current wife so can I anyone assist with this question?

Thanks

AmazonianX
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Re: Question on ILR form

Post by AmazonianX » Sun Oct 10, 2021 9:15 pm

sunoo wrote:
Sun Oct 10, 2021 7:28 pm
Hi. My wife is filling her online ILR application for 5 year spouse route. One of the question she came across asks:

Has your partner previously been sponsored as a partner of a settled person?

I am not sure if it is YES or NO.

About me I came to UK as student. I finished my university and got married to a British Citizen and that is how I was given ILR but my naturalization application was solely on the basis of my stay in the UK.

I am sponsoring my current wife so can I anyone assist with this question?

Thanks
It is YES as at some point you got leave on the strength of marriage to the BC.

sunoo
United Kingdom

Which Address to use

Post by sunoo » Mon Oct 11, 2021 11:54 am

Hello everyone,

I am in process of filling my wife's ILR application form. I need some assistance in regards to the address we should be using.
We have purchased a new house last month where renovation is underway and that is where we will be moving in a month time and that is where I would like her BRP to be delivered when the decision will be made. We are applying as standard application and not super priority.
I have updated our bank address to our new property however council tax have not been switched yet since we haven't moved as yet.
My only worry is that what if we switched the council tax next month and apply now and if HO made enquiries with council and found that we weren't living there and that may cause the issue.

Any idea what we should be doing?

Tahnks

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: Which Address to use

Post by zimba » Mon Oct 11, 2021 12:35 pm

Stop being paranoid. Use the new address
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

sunoo
United Kingdom

Post by sunoo » Mon Oct 11, 2021 1:00 pm

Zimba wrote:
Mon Oct 11, 2021 12:35 pm
Thanks Zimba.

Do you know if applicant have claimed COVID SEISS grants will cause any issues? Although sponsor have enough income to cover 18600 threshold.

I am asking as we mentioned that we didn't claim any benefits but we did claim SEISS.

sunoo
United Kingdom

Post by sunoo » Mon Oct 11, 2021 1:07 pm

Zimba wrote:
Mon Oct 11, 2021 12:35 pm
I was asking this question because this is what I am seeing in the application form:

Do you own or rent your home?I own
How much mortgage do you pay each month?£1107.96
I confirm I will provide:Evidence of monthly housing costs for the accommodation in the UK where you live or will liveI confirm I will provide:Evidence of council tax costs for the accommodation in the UK where you live or will live

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by zimba » Mon Oct 11, 2021 1:09 pm

SEISS is not public funds or benefits. The question on renting or owning a home is not important. UKVI will. not punish you for moving house
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

sunoo
United Kingdom

Post by sunoo » Mon Oct 11, 2021 1:38 pm

Zimba wrote:
Mon Oct 11, 2021 1:09 pm
SEISS is not public funds or benefits. The question on renting or owning a home is not important. UKVI will. not punish you for moving house
Much appreciated and apology for asking all these stupid question. Last one, I am sponsor and I just realized that my British passport is expiring in Feb 2022. Do you think if this will be an issue or shall I renew it before submitting my wife's ILR application?

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by zimba » Mon Oct 11, 2021 2:13 pm

Your passport is not needed

sunoo
United Kingdom

Post by sunoo » Mon Oct 11, 2021 3:51 pm

Zimba wrote:
Mon Oct 11, 2021 2:13 pm
Your passport is not needed
It does asks for it under documents section:

Evidence of Mr xxxxxxxxxxxxxx's settled status in the UK

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by zimba » Mon Oct 11, 2021 5:56 pm

FYI British citizens are NOT settled, they have the right of abode in the UK. The whole family visa is based on your status otherwise it would have not been granted at all. The list is generic. A British passport copy even an expired one is fine but not even needed. You do not need to prove to the home office that you are a British citizen. Please apply common sense. :roll:

sunoo
United Kingdom

Post by sunoo » Tue Oct 12, 2021 9:39 am

Zimba wrote:
Mon Oct 11, 2021 5:56 pm
FYI British citizens are NOT settled, they have the right of abode in the UK. The whole family visa is based on your status otherwise it would have not been granted at all. The list is generic. A British passport copy even an expired one is fine but not even needed. You do not need to prove to the home office that you are a British citizen. Please apply common sense. :roll:
Thanks. That makes sense :)

sunoo
United Kingdom

contents of employer letter

Post by sunoo » Wed Oct 13, 2021 1:28 pm

All,

I will be applying for my wife's ILR using set(M) in couple of days. I have filled the application form online and it says to attach employer letter.

My employer has produced this letter with below contents. Please confirm if this details would be enough or if it is missing something:

Re: XXXXXXXX, SXXXXXX6A
This letter is to confirm that the above employee has been permanently employed by companyname from 11th June 2012 to present.
Their current job title is of a: Test Analyst.
They are employed in a permanent role on a full time basis.
This employee’s current basic annual salary from 1st September 2021 is £66,000.00 per annum.
Their basic annual salary from:
1st April 2020 to 31st March 2021 was £51,253.07
1st April 2021 to 31st August was £52,790.66
Yours sincerely,
XYZ

manci
Respected Guru

Re: contents of employer letter

Post by manci » Wed Oct 13, 2021 2:01 pm

From Appendix FM-SE the requirements are:

A letter from the employer(s) who issued the payslips at paragraph 2(a) confirming:
(i) the person’s employment and gross annual salary;
(ii) the length of their employment;
(iii) the period over which they have been or were paid the level of salary relied upon in the application; and
(iv) the type of employment (permanent, fixed-term contract or agency).
Personal opinion, not professional or legal advice

sunoo
United Kingdom

Re: contents of employer letter

Post by sunoo » Wed Oct 13, 2021 2:10 pm

manci wrote:
Wed Oct 13, 2021 2:01 pm
From Appendix FM-SE the requirements are:

A letter from the employer(s) who issued the payslips at paragraph 2(a) confirming:
(i) the person’s employment and gross annual salary;
(ii) the length of their employment;
(iii) the period over which they have been or were paid the level of salary relied upon in the application; and
(iv) the type of employment (permanent, fixed-term contract or agency).
That ticks all the boxes in my letter.

sunoo
United Kingdom

When to upload the documents for set(M)

Post by sunoo » Sat Oct 16, 2021 3:06 pm

Hello.

I am in process of doing online application for my wife using set(m). I have submitted the online application on 16/10 and I have selected the earliest available free appointment on 12/11.
I have a following questions:

-- In what category I should be uploading the documents of different types
-- Is there a deadline to upload documents If YES then what is the deadline
-- Appointment is on 12/11 and my next payslip will be available by end of October so shall I add that payslip too means I will have to wait for the bank to send me that statement which will takes time so shall I rely on payslips until September or must add the ones generated for October?

Many thanks

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: When to upload the documents for set(M)

Post by CR001 » Sat Oct 16, 2021 3:19 pm

indefinite-leave-to-remain/uploading-yo ... 96002.html
You must upload before your biometrics appointment date.
-- Appointment is on 12/11 and my next payslip will be available by end of October so shall I add that payslip too means I will have to wait for the bank to send me that statement which will takes time so shall I rely on payslips until September or must add the ones generated for October?
Your supporting documents must be dated on or before your date of application, which is the date you submit and pay the online form. It is not the date of your biometric appointment.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

sunoo
United Kingdom

Post by sunoo » Sat Oct 16, 2021 3:24 pm

CR001 wrote:
Sat Oct 16, 2021 3:19 pm
indefinite-leave-to-remain/uploading-yo ... 96002.html
You must upload before your biometrics appointment date.
Your supporting documents must be dated on or before your date of application, which is the date you submit and pay the online form. It is not the date of your biometric appointment.
Thank you answering all the questions.

sunoo
United Kingdom

Post by sunoo » Mon Oct 18, 2021 2:53 pm

I am filling out set(m) form and instructions says that we should upload 6 letter each to cover last 2.5 years. This is what I am going to upload. Can someone confirm if gap and source looks good:

applicant-barclays-april2019.pdf
applicant-barclays-october2019.pdf
applicant-hmrc-april2020.pdf
applicant-nhs-october2020.pdf
applicant-hmrc-april2021.pdf
applicant-nhs-september2021.pdf
applicant-barclays-october2021.pdf

joint-water-bill-april2019.pdf
spouse-statement-october2019.pdf
spouse-council-tax-march2020.pdf
spouse-hmrc-letter-september2020.pdf
spouse-dvla-march2021.pdf