ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Switch from Tier 2 General to Skilled worker visa Process

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

suyasht
Newly Registered
India

Switch from Tier 2 General to Skilled worker visa Process

Post by suyasht » Wed Oct 13, 2021 11:45 am

I got the offer with sponsorship with a reputed organization and thinking about switching from Tier 2 General to skilled worker visa with new sponsorship. Can anyone explain the switch visa process? I mean when to put resignation and when my current organization update that in SMS? when my new organization generates the COS? I am worried about, it should not be maintained multiple COS during the switch visa process or any other mistake. What is the risk to switch the visa?

lolo2
Venezuela

Re: Switch from Tier 2 General to Skilled worker visa Process

Post by lolo2 » Wed Oct 13, 2021 7:22 pm

It's pretty much the same process that you followed when applied for the Tier 2 visa: fill the application, pay the fees, pay IHS, etc.

When to resign is completely up to you. However, to be safe applicants usually resign or start working the notice period once UKVI confirms the new application is approved.

Be sure you inform your new sponsor about the notice period in the current role, so they can issue a CoS accordingly (in terms of start date in the new role, etc). There is no such thing as having multiple CoS during this process, you seem to be overthinking.

suyasht
Newly Registered
India

Post by suyasht » Sat Oct 16, 2021 7:40 pm

Thank for the reply 🙏
My question is when my future employer process our new visa application and after that we put the resignation
In the above process ,I will put my resignation after assigned the new visa
Will my current employer know about that before put the paper ,as they will get update from the home office,isn’t ?
Another Question ,I already have COS and if I apply and process another COS ..Will it impact my application in this switch visa process?

ywlgy
United Kingdom

Post by ywlgy » Sat Oct 16, 2021 8:28 pm

Your previous COS has been used so there is nothing to prevent assigning a new COS to you, either from your current employer or any other employers. You just can't have two unused COS at the same time!

suyasht
Newly Registered
India

Post by suyasht » Sun Oct 17, 2021 2:41 pm

Just one more question
If my switch visa application with future employer or new COS rejected (a less chance it still concern about )then
can I continue with the current COS (if I don’t put paper in my current organisation ?

What are the percentage of rejection , if switching to new visa ?

ywlgy
United Kingdom

Post by ywlgy » Sun Oct 17, 2021 4:47 pm

suyasht wrote:
Sun Oct 17, 2021 2:41 pm
Just one more question
If my switch visa application with future employer or new COS rejected (a less chance it still concern about )then
can I continue with the current COS (if I don’t put paper in my current organisation ?

What are the percentage of rejection , if switching to new visa ?
Your current visa will still be valid so you can continue to work for your current employer until the end date on the visa.

The chance is very low if you provided all required documents