ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Delay in production of BRP

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

kazik2021
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Delay in production of BRP

Post by kazik2021 » Mon Oct 18, 2021 7:49 pm

Hi,

The email that I received informing of delay in BRP delivery contains the following wording:

'This message serves as confirmation that you hold lawful status in the United Kingdom but have not received a BRP to evidence your status due to a specific issue which prevents the Home Office issuing your BRP.

If the Department for Work and Pensions (DWP), the NHS, a Local Authority or other government department wishes to confirm your status, they should contact Status Verification, Enquiries and Checking (SVEC) at the Home Office. They will know how to do this using existing arrangements.'

Does the above wording mean that I can used the email to evidence to the Home Office my status when arriving in the UK if BRP does not arrive before my departure? Thanks!

nick123999
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Re: Delay in production of BRP

Post by nick123999 » Tue Oct 19, 2021 12:18 pm

Hi Kazik

When did you receive your ILR acceptance email? - I wonder how long these delays are actually going to be?

You might not have a problem getting in to the UK at the border but my worry would be airline staff not allowing you to board in the other country when coming home due to not having the card (they are responsible for checking this I believe)

We are looking to go to Portugal early next year and the other half needs a Schengen visa which I have no doubt will require a copy of her BRP.

Hoping the delays aren't too long!

kazik2021
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Re: Delay in production of BRP

Post by kazik2021 » Tue Oct 19, 2021 2:30 pm

Thanks. It is actually a child student visa rather than ILR, but I suppose the issues are the same.