ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR - BRP not received yet

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

ksandy
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

ILR - BRP not received yet

Post by ksandy » Tue Aug 24, 2021 7:40 pm

Hi friends,

I have applied for ILR in 10 years route under super priority and got the approval two weeks ago. I have not yet received the new BRP. I had raised a request and they mentioned that there is an issue with printing the BRP and that I need to wait. Unfortunately I Have to immediately travel to India since my dad is in very serious condition and his days are numbered. I am planning to go with my old BRP but am not sure how do I enter UK back since my new BRP has not yet arrived. Can anyone pls suggest if I can go and come back with the old BRP in this situation? Immediate advise is really appreciated. Thanks in advance.

manci
Respected Guru

Re: ILR - BRP not received yet

Post by manci » Tue Aug 24, 2021 10:13 pm

ksandy wrote:
Tue Aug 24, 2021 7:40 pm
I have applied for ILR in 10 years route under super priority and got the approval two weeks ago. I have not yet received the new BRP. …...I Have to immediately travel to India since my dad is in very serious condition ….I am planning to go with my old BRP but am not sure how do I enter UK back since my new BRP has not yet arrived. Can anyone pls suggest if I can go and come back with the old BRP in this situation?
If your BRP is still valid at the time of your return journeys there shouldn't be any issues with the airline letting you board.

When you return to the UK there will no doubt be a delay at the border but if you take the ILR approval letter with you and explain the circumstances to the BFO they will check your immigration status on their system and should let you enter.
Personal opinion, not professional or legal advice

Sanj87
Newly Registered
India

Re: ILR - BRP not received yet

Post by Sanj87 » Wed Oct 20, 2021 12:58 am

Your old BRP won't be valid even if, this has not expired after you get approval. This is stated in decision letter.
>> you already hold a BRP from a previous grant of leave, or you were issued with a replacement, you must now return it to the Home Office as it is no longer valid.
The BRP card should be cut in half and posted (in a windowless plain envelope) to Biometric Product Returns, IFB,5th floor Lunar House, 40 Wellesley Road, Croydon, CR9 2BY. You may have to pay a penalty of up to £1,000 if you fail to return an invalid BRP..