ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Naturalisation document (cert of birth)

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Maxim88
Kazakhstan

Re: Naturalisation document (cert of birth)

Post by Maxim88 » Fri Oct 08, 2021 11:57 pm

Dear Moderators,

A quick question - I have recently submitted my naturalisation application online, and will be submitting my biometrics next week. However, I have noticed a minor issue in the application - I did not indicate the middle name of one of my referees in the application; I simply put their first/given and second names (assuming they don't have a middle name). However, when they signed the referee form, which asks for their full name, I noticed they have a middle name. And this middle name is missing in the application. The application has been submitted so I can't really change it now.

Is this an issue? If so, how best to address it?

thank you.

dexmo
United Kingdom

Post by dexmo » Sat Oct 09, 2021 12:16 pm

Maxim88 wrote:
Fri Oct 08, 2021 11:57 pm
Dear Moderators,

A quick question - I have recently submitted my naturalisation application online, and will be submitting my biometrics next week. However, I have noticed a minor issue in the application - I did not indicate the middle name of one of my referees in the application; I simply put their first/given and second names (assuming they don't have a middle name). However, when they signed the referee form, which asks for their full name, I noticed they have a middle name. And this middle name is missing in the application. The application has been submitted so I can't really change it now.

Is this an issue? If so, how best to address it?

thank you.
Not an issue at all

Maxim88
Kazakhstan

Post by Maxim88 » Sat Oct 09, 2021 10:55 pm

Many thanks dexmo for your input.

Could any of the forum gurus comment as well please? Dear CR001, CULLINAN, secret.simon - can you please advise on the above query (about referee's middle name)? I am submitting my biometrics next week, so your advise is appreciated.

alterhase58
Germany

Post by alterhase58 » Sun Oct 10, 2021 10:09 am

Maxim88 wrote:
Sat Oct 09, 2021 10:55 pm
Many thanks dexmo for your input.

Could any of the forum gurus comment as well please? Dear CR001, CULLINAN, secret.simon - can you please advise on the above query (about referee's middle name)? I am submitting my biometrics next week, so your advise is appreciated.
No issue - never seen anyone report here that it was a problem.
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.
Please do not send me private messages asking for advice.

Maxim88
Kazakhstan

Post by Maxim88 » Mon Oct 11, 2021 12:11 pm

Hi alterhase58,

Thank you for the input.

Are you saying i should not worry about this issue, or that this issue was never reported in this forum?

I know this is quite a specific issue, and frankly I am a little worried that i did not indicate their middle name in the application (yet it appears on the form they signed), and not sure how the HO will react. Hence any further elaboration or advise would be very helpful.

many thanks

Maxim88
Kazakhstan

Post by Maxim88 » Tue Oct 12, 2021 11:47 am

Dear moderators,

Could anyone advise me further on the issue above please? I am going for my biometrics appointment later this week and want to make sure i have covered everything before then.

Appreciate your support.

yomishu
Mood:
India

Post by yomishu » Tue Oct 12, 2021 11:50 am

Maxim88 wrote:
Tue Oct 12, 2021 11:47 am
Dear moderators,

Could anyone advise me further on the issue above please? I am going for my biometrics appointment later this week and want to make sure i have covered everything before then.

Appreciate your support.
Thats not an issue

Maxim88
Kazakhstan

Post by Maxim88 » Thu Oct 14, 2021 3:51 pm

Dear moderators,

I am in need of your advise one final time. As mentioned above, in my online naturalisation application i failed to include the middle name of one of my referees (but the referee included their middle name when they signed the referee declaration form). I was informed in the above discussion that this is not an issue. If this is not an issue, should i:

(1) leave things as they are and proceed to biometrics without taking any action?
(2) get the referee to sign a new declaration form without their middle name (so that it matches the online application form)? or
(3) explain this in a cover letter?

Please suggest what is the best way forward. This may not be a big deal, but I am still a little anxious and would appreciate a final advise by one of the moderators. I have made many applications to the HO before, but this is possibly the most important one, and I really don't want a small mistake to create an undesirable outcome.

thank you for your understanding.

alterhase58
Germany

Post by alterhase58 » Thu Oct 14, 2021 6:09 pm

You are free to add additional documents.
For peace of mind you could write a covering note explaining what happened, or if you have enough time before your appointment get a new declaration filled and signed.
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.

dexmo
United Kingdom

Post by dexmo » Thu Oct 14, 2021 6:15 pm

Maxim88 wrote:
Thu Oct 14, 2021 3:51 pm
Dear moderators,

I am in need of your advise one final time. As mentioned above, in my online naturalisation application i failed to include the middle name of one of my referees (but the referee included their middle name when they signed the referee declaration form). I was informed in the above discussion that this is not an issue. If this is not an issue, should i:

(1) leave things as they are and proceed to biometrics without taking any action?
(2) get the referee to sign a new declaration form without their middle name (so that it matches the online application form)? or
(3) explain this in a cover letter?

Please suggest what is the best way forward. This may not be a big deal, but I am still a little anxious and would appreciate a final advise by one of the moderators. I have made many applications to the HO before, but this is possibly the most important one, and I really don't want a small mistake to create an undesirable outcome.

thank you for your understanding.
Not convinced this could lead to refusal, why would it? Applications are refused because applicants don't meet one of the statutory requirements or provide false information, or try to deceive the HO. Failing to mention your referee's middle name is not a requirement anybody has to meet, neither can be construed as deception or false info. Many people in UK have middle names which would normally be included in their passports but wouldn't be used much otherwise. I didn't include one of my referee middle names in the application form, knew he had it, and when he signed the form he included it - no issues whatsoever!

Maxim88
Kazakhstan

Post by Maxim88 » Sun Oct 17, 2021 11:34 pm

alterhase58 wrote:
Thu Oct 14, 2021 6:09 pm
You are free to add additional documents.
For peace of mind you could write a covering note explaining what happened, or if you have enough time before your appointment get a new declaration filled and signed.
Hi alterhase58,

Which option is best? Is attaching a cover letter going to complicate things/will it be considered positively? My friend is happy to sign a new referee form without their middle name - is this fine though? I mean, knowing that he does have a middle name, am I obliged to include it in my application? (I should say that I also used the same referee last year for my child's citizenship application and I did include their middle name there, but forgot to include it in mine; so having included their middle name in my child's previous application, am i obliged to include it in mine also - will it be "deception" if i don't include)? I am really confused now... and anxious too...

Could any of the other moderators advise on this matter as well please? CR001, zimba, CULLINAN, secret.simon...?

alterhase58
Germany

Post by alterhase58 » Mon Oct 18, 2021 12:04 am

Many applicants attach covering notes having missed something on the application, made mistakes, etc. All applications are individual.
Can't see how applicants are penalised for that. The reasons for refusal are very few, primarily for issues around statutory requirements.
Not sure what else can be said here - it's up to you.

Maxim88
Kazakhstan

Post by Maxim88 » Tue Oct 19, 2021 11:33 pm

Hi alterhase58,

Basically, should I attach a cover letter explaining this or should I just leave things as they are? I have, by the way, asked my friend to sign a new form without his middle name, but would this be considered "deception" if his middle name is not indicated anywhere? I am still confused.

Thank you for your input and patience!

alterhase58
Germany

Post by alterhase58 » Wed Oct 20, 2021 7:59 am

This cannot be deception - it's an error.
For peace of mind attach a cover note explaining.

Maxim88
Kazakhstan

Post by Maxim88 » Wed Oct 20, 2021 10:03 am

alterhase58, thank you for your advise.

A friend of mine who is a lawyer says there is no need to write a cover letter and draw attention to this; he says a new declaration without the middle name would be best. Would this a good option - to submit a new declaration without the referee's middle name (even though he has a middle name and i used him with his middle name in my daughters citizenship application before). I hope you don't mind me double-checking this, i am just very anxious and don't want to mess this up...

thank you massively.

alterhase58
Germany

Post by alterhase58 » Wed Oct 20, 2021 12:03 pm

I think I provided my opinion on this from all angles - in the end you make the decision and move this on.
Every lawyer you consult will give you a slightly different opinion, or sometimes even a wrong opinion.

Maxim88
Kazakhstan

Post by Maxim88 » Wed Oct 20, 2021 12:31 pm

Alterhase58, thank you again!

I know you have provided your opinion before, so I am double-checking a final time - you did say previously that filling a new declaration without the referee's middle name is acceptable, is this correct? and i do this, there is no need for a cover letter? i can only express my thanks for your patience, I know i am overthinking this but your reassurance is much appreciated.

thank you again.

Maxim88
Kazakhstan

Post by Maxim88 » Tue Feb 15, 2022 1:50 pm

Dear gurus,

I have successfully received my naturalisation certificate a few days ago and now want to make citizenship application for my spouse. A have a few quick questions and would highly appreciate your insights.

1) she has been in the UK for over 6 years, but less than a year on ILR (9 months on ILR). Now that i have my certificate, can we make an application for her as soon as possible, without waiting until she has been 1 year on ILR?

2) While my spouse's naturalisation application is the next stage, the priority for me is to make an application for a British passport for myself, which i want to make as soon as possible. Can I apply for passport first and then apply for naturalisation for my spouse? I mean, i will need to send my naturalisation certificate away to passport office, so can I apply for her naturalisation without my naturalisation certificate? Is the original copy of my naturalisation certificate needed for her application, or a good scanned copy (like other documents) is sufficient?

many thanks

alterhase58
Germany

Post by alterhase58 » Tue Feb 15, 2022 3:32 pm

1. Yes - she could apply now as spouse of British citizen.
2. For your wife's naturalisation all documents are scanned and uploaded - no originals are submitted - so you could go ahead and apply for your passport, keep a scan/copy of your certificate for the naturalisation application. Passport and return of originals could take a few weeks.

Maxim88
Kazakhstan

Post by Maxim88 » Fri Mar 25, 2022 1:52 pm

Dear gurus,

I have a quick question and would highly appreciate your view:

After receiving my naturalisation certificate I applied for a British passport. I sent 2 documents to support this application - my original naturalisation certificate and my passport from my home country. My passport application was approved exactly 2 weeks ago and I received my new British passport exactly 1 week ago. Today I received mail from HMPO containing my supporting documents. However, I only received my original passport back and not the naturalisation certificate. Originally, I was told I will receive back my supporting documents within 2 weeks of date of approval of my application, and that is exactly what happened. However, today I only received my original passport back and not the certificate.

Will my naturalisation certificate arrive separately on its own (so basically, I should wait a bit more), or should I contact relevant authorities to say they haven't this document back to me? If latter, who should I contact? Is this common for naturalisation certificate to arrive later than all other supporting documents? Or could it be they lost it...?

many thanks

alterhase58
Germany

Post by alterhase58 » Fri Mar 25, 2022 4:19 pm

Certificate should have been returned together with your foreign passport ....
Contact the HMPO Helpline: https://www.gov.uk/passport-advice-line
Make sure you explain this as highest priority - the certificate is the only document that confers British citizenship.

Maxim88
Kazakhstan

Post by Maxim88 » Tue Apr 05, 2022 3:14 pm

Thank you so much for the advice. I have called and was advised to send a letter to the HMPO, so waiting to hear from them now.

I have another question regarding applying for a visitor visa for my mother - where can i ask that? Should i ask it here or should I open a new post in a different topic section?

many thanks

alterhase58
Germany

Post by alterhase58 » Tue Apr 05, 2022 3:26 pm

Maxim88
Kazakhstan

Post by Maxim88 » Thu Apr 28, 2022 3:30 pm

Dear all,

Need an advice with regard to the issue above - my naturalisation certificate was not returned after application for a British Passport. I called the HMPO and was first advised to write a physical letter to the office where i sent my documents, which i did. 3 weeks ago, and no response. Then last week called again and was put through to "progress team" - they took further details and said they would pass them to the office that dealt with my enquiry and that i should hear back within 2-3 days. A week has gone by now, and nothing. Apart from getting through to operators, i have not received any response or update on what is happening, where my certificate is, whether it is lost or whether they are even looking for it, just no information and no update. I am getting a bit annoyed/anxious now. What is the next step?

many thanks.

Maxim88
Kazakhstan

Re: Naturalisation for spouse

Post by Maxim88 » Tue May 24, 2022 11:14 am

Dear Gurus,

My spouse has been on ILR for 12 months and has lived in the UK for over 6 years. I (her husband) have recently naturalised and obtained a British Passport. We are applying for naturalisation for my wife and it looks like she has 2 options - (1) apply as the spouse of the British Citizen and (2) apply independently as an ILR holder.

Is any one of these options better/more preferable/safer to apply? We started her application as an ILR holder.

thanks.